6 + 2 Point Deductions

From the Forest side this is a new experience, but based on what Masters said today we think these are the key points. Would be good if you lads could confirm:

1) Everton (record holders for seasons in the top division) and Forest (twice as many European Cups as City) are ‘small clubs’

2) 1 accusation in 2023 is treated more seriously, and swiftly, than 115 accusations before 2023

3) there is a date to look at City’s alleged offences - this date is a secret, but it won’t be this season. The precise timescale for Forest and Everton being assessed is widely published and any punishment will be this season.

4) Coincidentally, the rules will change between this season and next season

5) alleged offences by Forest and Everton are treated one at a time, and immediately. Alleged offences by City are only assessed once every detail of all 115 is known.

Feel free to correct any of this - it’s a steep learning curve

I could have sworn loads of posters on here were delighted with the board when Moshiri was spending 100's of millions of pounds on players. Far too many people ignored the warnings about Moshiri and his dodgy money.

Spending hundreds of millions would have been fine if we hadn’t bought lots of crap. Spending money is the only realistic way to improve.

My point is just that would it truly be a bad thing if a newly promoted club, with a financial backer, or vast resources, decided they wanted to aim right for the top as quickly as possible?

Why should there be rules in place to stop that? Surely if the league is serious about competition, it should welcome that sort of ambition.
Because of the amount of long established clubs with long held roots within a community who have come very close to going to the wall due to the reckless actions of owners trying to fulfil that ambition in a reckless and unsustainable manner.

Before walking away from the mess that they created possibly taking nothing more than a financial hit while a 100+ year old community institution utterly crumbles. Personally I don't think the rules go far enough. There should be no way an owner can burden a club with debts in the manner that the Glazers have and (I think) the current Burnley ownership have.

I'd prefer a system where any debt placed on a club by owner ambition should be their own personal liability until it is cleared off the club books.

Its a tough one because you clearly broke rules and were hit with a deduction. From the outside looking in I thought that was fair enough - you can disagree about the length of sentence but not the validity of the right to pass sentence itself. However, the second charge seems a bit more odd. Not necessarily because you can't be hit twice in one season - i think a similar thing happened to Derby (?) - but that it appears that your appeal would surely negate the second charge. I'm not all over this but surely one charge is in line with the second and that needs to be dealt with first? That said, I'm glad they're getting tough and unfortunately Forest took a risk on when to sell Brannan to maximise profit and that's also against the rules.

So, you two dealt with, now tomorrow is Man City ( a biggish club with lots of money) and then the day after, Chelsea (a small club with lots of money). That's how this works, right? Right?

Rick Parry thought I recognised the name, a big boyhood Liverpool supporter ..... urm ?

How he has arrived here is interesting. Parry, who was criticised by some at Liverpool for inviting every staff member to Turkey for the 2005 Champions League final and thus leaving the club's megastore empty the day after that triumph, has held prominent positions within European football.

He was elected to the board of the European Club Association, while sitting on UEFA's club licensing and financial fair play control board.

That included the investigation into Manchester City's alleged breaches, eventually thrown out on appeal at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. There is certainly no love lost between City and Parry.

Now he is a key figure in the future of the sport. In a letter to EFL owners on Sunday, Parry described the proposals as having been 'developed in close collaboration with a number of clubs'. A few eyebrows were raised when it became clear that discussions on Project Big Picture had started in 2017.
oooh, shall we guess who they may be??

Was perfectly good logic thanks. The league used to be better than it is now. I challenge anybody to show me a metric that shows otherwise.
Your logic seemed to be that because newly promoted clubs don't immediately compete at the top end then it must be a bad league. There are very few historical occasions where this has been the case so by your logic the top flight must have been predominantly poor throughout it's history.

Its a tough one because you clearly broke rules and were hit with a deduction. From the outside looking in I thought that was fair enough - you can disagree about the length of sentence but not the validity of the right to pass sentence itself. However, the second charge seems a bit more odd. Not necessarily because you can't be hit twice in one season - i think a similar thing happened to Derby (?) - but that it appears that your appeal would surely negate the second charge. I'm not all over this but surely one charge is in line with the second and that needs to be dealt with first? That said, I'm glad they're getting tough and unfortunately Forest took a risk on when to sell Brannan to maximise profit and that's also against the rules.

So, you two dealt with, now tomorrow is Man City ( a biggish club with lots of money) and then the day after, Chelsea (a small club with lots of money). That's how this works, right? Right?

How’s it fair to be hit with a POINTS DEDUCTION for a financial breach of £19m relating to stadium payments?!?!?

From the Forest side this is a new experience, but based on what Masters said today we think these are the key points. Would be good if you lads could confirm:

1) Everton (record holders for seasons in the top division) and Forest (twice as many European Cups as City) are ‘small clubs’

2) 1 accusation in 2023 is treated more seriously, and swiftly, than 115 accusations before 2023

3) there is a date to look at City’s alleged offences - this date is a secret, but it won’t be this season. The precise timescale for Forest and Everton being assessed is widely published and any punishment will be this season.

4) Coincidentally, the rules will change between this season and next season

5) alleged offences by Forest and Everton are treated one at a time, and immediately. Alleged offences by City are only assessed once every detail of all 115 is known.

Feel free to correct any of this - it’s a steep learning curve

Apologise for singing about us being cheats last month.