6 + 2 Point Deductions

How could the PSR legislation be the actions of the big clubs when any rule changes need to be voted in by 14 clubs?

It suits the owners of teams in the other 14 who have no interest in being competetive and just want to remain in the league to make money. It was probably music to Kenwright’s ears, similarly owners at Palace Fulham Stoke Southampton, the list goes on. It’s the same group of owners who begged the league to be lenient on the scab six when they tried the super league because they know they lose money if these 6 brands aren’t in the competition. PSR gave them the perfect excuse to tell all their moaning fans exactly why they wouldn’t be spending in the next transfer window and it gave the top clubs exactly what they wanted, a method of ensuring no one broke in and that they’d be forced to sell their players in a timely manner.

The only thing I can see that leads me to believe we won't get a huge penalty would be that our previous 10 point penalty takes this latest financial year into account where we're being further punished now.

If we've been punished 10 points already that includes the financials for this second 'breach', surely they cannot slap a similar punishment onto us after the precident that's already been set.

3 year rolling period breach of £19m = 10 points penalty

1 year period breach that's already been accounted for in previous punishment = ?

I agree with this but there is also another angle. Because the wages were so high, it is quite probable that the players who have left, we are continuing to contribute towards their wages even now.
It is not even that we have borrowed money all over the place at terrible interest rates. For instance, we borrowed £150m from Rights Media Limited at a reported 12%. It is probably the interest payments that have sent us over PSR.

That's down to the inequality though. We'd have a big problem if we went down and had to be compliant immediately. If parachute payments were removed , as they've discussed here, we'd be out of business.

The only way to make it possible for PL clubs to go down and be compliant is to make the gap between the two leagues smaller. Which seems to be what the PL is trying to do with the profit and sustainability rules, but only making them apply to essentially the bottom half clubs
But isn't that the wooly "rules that aren't rules" approach that we've been hammered with?

Parry said that if the money was distributed more fairly and proper regulation was in place, you wouldn't need parachute payments and relegated clubs wouldn't have a huge financial advantage over the teams fighting to get promoted.

I think the committee missed a trick by not asking the question of how can Everton be given a bigger punishment than going into administration…we’ve been given a sanction that’s not in the PL rule book and is higher than it’s own worse sanction for going bust!

I was hoping the stadium funding costs would have been brought up as well which would have really put him under pressure.

Honestly, me and my wife, who is a Liverpool season ticket holder, are expecting our first baby in 4 weeks. We have argued and had proper rows about Everton and Liverpool, I am now resigned to let it be a Liverpool supporter. I barely want to support the club anymore myself, it’s sad. I am well and truly on my way to calling it a day.
Stick with it lad. Builds character and resilience.
It's what helped you to marry her and the child's going to need that.

The only thing I can see that leads me to believe we won't get a huge penalty would be that our previous 10 point penalty takes this latest financial year into account where we're being further punished now.

If we've been punished 10 points already that includes the financials for this second 'breach', surely they cannot slap a similar punishment onto us after the precident that's already been set.

3 year rolling period breach of £19m = 10 points penalty

1 year period breach that's already been accounted for in previous punishment = ?
I think I agree, although they're making it up as they go along, because they weren't expecting anyone to breach. If our 10 point deduction stands I think we'll get a maximum of 6 more, and Forest will get about 12 or 14. Now there are 2 clubs it's more likely that they'll try and find a halfway house.

It is not even that we have borrowed money all over the place at terrible interest rates. For instance, we borrowed £150m from Rights Media Limited at a reported 12%. It is probably the interest payments that have sent us over PSR.
And again the question is, should a team who are taking out loans to try and get their finances back in order, really be punished under sustainability rules? Especially at a time when interest rates rose significantly - are we not allowed mitigation on rate rises since they are outside our control.

If we win our appeal I think we will be ok. I worry if we don’t tho will they then take an other 10 points. We really need to start winning football matches again try and get as far away from that relegation zone as we can just incase.