6 + 2 Point Deductions

Screenshot-2024-01-15-18-13-39-90-3aea4af51f236e4932235fdada7d1643.jpg

On offer now!

I can’t for the life of me see how this works as a defence:

Forest’s defence is expected to be based around their decision to delay the sale of Brennan Johnson to ensure they received the highest price possible for the academy graduate, whose fee would, in PSR terms, be deemed pure profit. The forward was sold on deadline day last September for £47.5m to Tottenham, two months after the cut-off point for complying with PSR. If Forest had sold Johnson before 30 June, the club believe they would have received a lower fee. Although that would have put them the right side of the allowed losses, they are expected to argue it was better for their long-term health to maximise their profit and make them more sustainable.
that line of defence has already been rejected in our case, we tried to argue we had to accept a lower fee for Richarlison thus would have made us compliant. If they allow this as mitigation, more evidence for our appeal.

Forest’s defence is expected to be based around their decision to delay the sale of Brennan Johnson to ensure they received the highest price possible for the academy graduate, whose fee would, in PSR terms, be deemed pure profit. The forward was sold on deadline day last September for £47.5m to Tottenham, two months after the cut-off point for complying with PSR. If Forest had sold Johnson before 30 June, the club believe they would have received a lower fee. Although that would have put them the right side of the allowed losses, they are expected to argue it was better for their long-term health to maximise their profit and make them more sustainable.
I agree. If you have to accept a lower fee because it means you meet your obligations, then so be it. That's basically why pawn shops exist

It's a great argument because it's not Everton making it. They could turn up, burn a million quid KLF style and say, "We're not Everton" and walk out laughing.

If this is about throwing sacrifices to avoid regulation then both clubs make excellent patsies. Everton and Forest, MPs might have heard of them, chuck them to the wolves.