6 + 2 Point Deductions

I find it insane that we are getting the two punishments in the same season. Surely this lawyer will have a field day with that.

When did they announce they are bringing the accounts forward to January? Was it this season?

It’s less insane that we’re getting two punishments in one season than it is that we’re getting punished twice for two of the seasons in the reporting period.

Forest were only allowed to lose £61m. Less than anyone else, despite being the only club not in the PL for the previous 3 years. They don’t seem to want promoted clubs to compete
They really only want six clubs to compete, even the Geordies are struggling - yet supposedly they are one of the richest clubs in the world!
Once the “Sky” favourites had spent what they needed to spend and were fully established the rules changed, the drawbridge got pulled up and everyone else has been left to fight for the leftovers, and woe betide anyone who trys to break through the glass ceiling they’ve established!

ANOTHER THING that annoys me:

If we’re charged for 22/23 you’ll hear things like “well you shouldn’t have spent 30m on Onana then”.

The money isn’t spent, it’s invested. Onana is worth twice what we paid for him now.

The way a struggling business becomes profitable and sustainable is through good investments like that, that’s exactly how you turn it round. If the rules were actually about sustainability they wouldn’t prevent it.

Totally agree that they want 6 clubs to compete.

Every so often you get another club up there but due to FFP cannot compete with the SLY 6. This year it is Aston Villa. Previously, West Ham, Brighton, Wolves, Everton have been up there sniffing around top 6 in league placings but cannot push on. Then they fall away and another one has a go.

Newcastle, with their untold wealth, are struggling to maintain their position. Can you see them in the Champs league again for a few years?

Leicester upset the apple cart one year, but now look at them. FPP ensures that they cannot stay up there competing. It is a closed shop.

ANOTHER THING that annoys me:

If we’re charged for 22/23 you’ll hear things like “well you shouldn’t have spent 30m on Onana then”.

The money isn’t spent, it’s invested. Onana is worth twice what we paid for him now.

The way a struggling business becomes profitable and sustainable is through good investments like that, that’s exactly how you turn it round. If the rules were actually about sustainability they wouldn’t prevent it.

….and we’ve ‘invested’ £40m on Beto and Chermiti :Blink:

They really only want six clubs to compete, even the Geordies are struggling - yet supposedly they are one of the richest clubs in the world!
Once the “Sky” favourites had spent what they needed to spend and were fully established the rules changed, the drawbridge got pulled up and everyone else has been left to fight for the leftovers, and woe betide anyone who trys to break through the glass ceiling they’ve established!
I'm not defending the Premier League but this has been brought in so owners don't cripple football clubs by chasing a dream and then leaving the shell of a football club and buggering off. It's happened to Leeds, Sunderland, Villa, Bolton, Wigan, Reading, Sheffield Wednesday etc. We are now £400 million in debt and still paying massive wages to players who don't even play. We're going to be in hock for the next 20 years because of decisions made in the last few years. Anybody who thinks that's good, well I don't agree with you. I know that if all clubs lived legitimately through their means then the rs and Man United would have a massive advantage, but after those 2 it would be fairly competitive. That's where we need to get to,, although I suspect it may be too late for us, given our debt.