January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine United will be more inclined to give him to us… helps his premier league experience and keeps that “friendly business” going between the clubs which they might think will help them snare Onana

Actually think he’s been huge for us this year mate, think we would really miss him.

Id begin the conversation at £85 mill and take £80mill.
He’s been much better, but there have been passages of the season where if Doucs AND Gana were fit, he would not have deserved to start. And Gana does what he does defensively but pee’s me right off shooting left footed from 32 yards and taking direct free kicks.

Just think if someone like the Arse were desperate to roll the dice to try and win something and offered silly money, it would be worth taking now IF it’s this week so we can re-invest with care. He is always going to make us a profit, and his latent value should rise with experience, it it also falls as his contract dwindles.

Our squad depth and quality would be infinitely better with 3 x James Garner clones as opposed 1x Onana for the same money.

He’s been much better, but there have been passages of the season where if Doucs AND Gana were fit, he would not have deserved to start. And Gana does what he does defensively but pee’s me right off shooting left footed from 32 yards and taking direct free kicks.

Just think if someone like the Arse were desperate to roll the dice to try and win something and offered silly money, it would be worth taking now IF it’s this week so we can re-invest with care. He is always going to make us a profit, and his latent value should rise with experience, it it also falls as his contract dwindles.

Our squad depth and quality would be infinitely better with 3 x James Garner clones as opposed 1x Onana for the same money.

you really think we would invest this? lol sell to… go to moshiri,
or the ground

marks my words anyone we sell we aren’t replacing

I would sell onana but would not get value this window best done at the end of the season would need two players to replace him imo

Do you think mate....my take is he’s improved immensely this season, weirdly I think people have called on him from last year to this, but I think he flatttered a bit last season (with all the tools) but has really matured this season, made a huge impact and began to be a big influence, he’s 30% better this season in my opinion. The longer we keep him the better because I think there is more to come and he is only going to appreciate, I’d keep him for three seasons personally.

I know it’s the offt accepted logic in here, but I’m not a huge believer in the sell and reinvest model. Don’t get me wrong I’m a pragmatist and realise it’s inevitable, but I don’t trust our owner to reinvest anything and I think we sell below fair market value because we are now seen as a feeder club and a basket case soft touch in the market. In my opinion we need a stand like we had with Lescott all those years ago and force someone to do a ridiculous deal.

Without our points deduction we are competing with, Brighton, Chelsea, Utd, Newcastle within that points trajectory - none of those clubs would think of selling their young prospects for anything but silly money. Brighton and Caceido a case in point this season.

As I say I’m a pragmatist and am very aware of our potential need for funds, but the above absolutely is the position we should hold and how we rectify our identity and position in this league. We weee broke under Moyes but we still got top prices for anyone we sold who we didn’t want to and it wasn’t easy to extract them, compare that to what we have seen with soft touch out in recent years.

Thus I’d Ben looking for £85 million for Onana and selling for £80, none of the other teams I mention above would sell him below that if he was at those clubs.

….only 20 (21 in a few weeks) so he’s played a decent amount of competitive first team football for his age. Remember the likes of Onana and Patterson are 22.

Two things I notice are genuine pace and he’s a ball carrying midfielder who transitions defence to attack. I think Dyche likes ball carrying midfielders.
Saw him/Man United v Galatasaray, he was playing out of position and taken off after 45min because he was that bad.

United fans think he is ok but I don't see it. Lots of energy but little quality

Status
Not open for further replies.