6 + 2 Point Deductions

If we’ve breached there will be no leniency on us. We aren’t Man City. If anything I think we’d be punished more severely than Everton. If we get hit for 10+ points we’re down.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
Do you really think these rules are about sustainability?

If us or Forest are charged, how are they going to squeeze in the commission trial and the inevitable appeal before may?

FWIW I think if forest even do get 10 points deduction they will still stay up. 10 more for us and we are toast
Pretty sure ive read somewhere this process has been changed from beginning of season to be much quicker now its just our process was ongoing at the time and had to adhere to old schedule.

If us or Forest are charged, how are they going to squeeze in the commission trial and the inevitable appeal before may?

FWIW I think if forest even do get 10 points deduction they will still stay up. 10 more for us and we are toast
That is if only 10 points. If Forest were over by more than the 19.5 millions we were as of June 30th 2023, it could be more than 10 points. I would be surprised that they would be over by that much.

That is if only 10 points. If Forest were over by more than the 19.5 millions we were as of June 30th 2023, it could be more than 10 points. I would be surprised that they would be over by that much.

Really? Why would you be surprised at this? They’ve bought 40 players, sold nobody and paid Jesse Lingard £200k a week to warm the bench for one season.

They'll be focusing on forest this time, can't see how we can be even close this time? We've sold loads of players, massively reduced the wage bill and hardly spent. Juat scare mongering surely
Same easy target to say that everton close, dont think perfect still but you would think the club is over the line. Honestly if we get done again may aswell just give up with it, what else could we have even done sell even more of the squad

If we’ve breached there will be no leniency on us. We aren’t Man City. If anything I think we’d be punished more severely than Everton. If we get hit for 10+ points we’re down.

If the reports are true it will be an interesting case. Is it more financially sustainable to sell a player for £30m on 30th June, or for £47m on the 28th August?
As others have said with richarlison you wont be able to use that, i think out of all the reasons we had. That for me was the weakest point we had, if you do break rules this time you should get ready to be treated like us dont expect anything different. I would be worried if i was you, we still have several points that we can use and got lucky in the period that we have been charged in. But if you break the rules now i cant see many ways to get out

What I don't get re: the Forest case is Profit and Sustainability (under PL rules) is a 3 year period. Forest have only submitted the books for one FULL year they've been in the PL, so what are they under scrutiny?

Apologies if this has been explained earlier.

Last edited:
Say we did breach this season, surely you can't have 2 points deduction in one season, for different accounting periods?!
You can.

They changed the rules ahead of this season to ensure any breaches for 2023 get punished prior to the end of 23/24 season. It's definitely a more 'fair' way of doing it.

The best method is what they do in LA Liga, the books are always 'live' with the league who have full visibility at all times. It's the reason why Barcelona have had issues in recent years registering players. Yes, buy them if you want but you can't use them.

What I don't get re: the Forest case is Profit and Sustainability (under PL rules) is a 3 year period. Forest have only submitted the books for one FULL year they've been in the PL, so what are they under scrutiny?

Guess it would have the whole books looked into but then will be calculated what they needed to be in the ffp for the season in the prem aswell. Would have a fixed amount could spend that season they have come up and what wages the club could have ect

I was thinking the same. They could argue they might sell a player for £200m next year and they'd be well inside the rules.