2023/24 Sean Dyche

Inappropriate Behaviour
Given the past decade. Given the squad mismanagement. Given the managerial disasters. Given the existential threat of relegation. Given the 10 point reduction…

…Given all of this, I’d say Dyche is pretty well-placed to contend with this basket-case football club, and peak Burnley* sounds exactly right based on the above.

Everton need to earn the right to not be considered relegation fodder.

*peak Burnley = 7th in 17/18…5pts above Everton.

Dyche is like the Honda Jazz of football. Cheap and reliable but, apart from @MikeH72 's fat ankled wife, not something anyone dreams of.

He's been out of the game for a while so not a fair comparison but prime Lennon was like a purring Ferrari - style and aggression combined into one amazing vehicle.
Quite possibly the greatest thing I have read in the main Everton forum.

You are deranged.

Your description suggest he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, but the same sentence starts with:

"he's been out of the game for a while."

If he's such hot stuff, why is that? Surely clubs are well aware of his managerial skillet? You also completely ignore the fact that he was sacked from his last job as a manager in the mighty Cypriot league after a few short months.

He seems to more interested in getting blind drunk and argumentative these days. He's not, in any shape or form a "Purring Ferrari."

As everyone probably agrees: Dyche has worked wonders, especially given our lack of money and our lack of attacking options after the sales of Gordon and Richarlison.

If he can keep us up after this 10 points deduction he will be revered in Everton folklore for generations.

Dude is going to rescue this club. Just like Moyes did.

I obviously don't like losing, but the last 2 games we've had some really good spells, the players are playing for him and for each other and there's a clear plan of action.

It's the first time in a long time where I've not been concerned after back to back defeats. That can obviously change very quickly if we went on a losing streak where confidence is affected.

But I really think it's only a matter of "when" we win our next game, instead of "if". There was a really good spell against City where Beto had Akanji pinned, Ake was getting torn a new one by Harrison and Garner, Gomes and and Mcneil were pressing really high and forcing City to have to play their very best football to get out of it.

Lots of positives and on another day, we walk away with 4 points from Spurs and City instead of 0.

He's got us on the right path, just need a positive performance and result tomorrow to get us back up and running again.

As everyone probably agrees: Dyche has worked wonders, especially given our lack of money and our lack of attacking options after the sales of Gordon and Richarlison.

If he can keep us up after this 10 points deduction he will be revered in Everton folklore for generations.
Worked wonders, not for me. Just a reflection on how poor previous management have been. What has gone before has woefully underperformed.