Relegation 23/24 Thread

A team like Burnley will need to average 1.3 points a game from now to get to 35 points this season. They don't start getting that very soon it will go out to 1.5 which is near enough an impossibility.

A sub 30 point survival tally still looks very probable this season.
Their next 6 games are
Fulham A
Liverpool H
Villa A
Tottenham A
Luton H
Man City A

I know we all have to play these teams but that's grim taking their current position into account.

I think is ok to be cautious the results have taken the pressure off, but we still have to carry on to perform. Is not like it has been with so much on games when we had to win and get lucky with other teams getting beat. Would be great if we can leave the other 3 bottom teams behind and they keep getting poor results. One team for me is luton who look like they could do something, will be tough for them but they will just attack teams

….the massive boost for me is winning difficult football matches without key players. It suggests Dyche can cope with injuries and suspensions which is what good managers can do.

Onana/Garner look first choice partnership, yet we won games without both. DCL and Branthwaite are key but we won when they were missing, not to mention problems in both full back positions.

Picking up points without a settled team is such a good sign.

….the massive boost for me is winning difficult football matches without key players. It suggests Dyche can cope with injuries and suspensions which is what good managers can do.

Onana/Garner look first choice partnership, yet we won games without both. DCL and Branthwaite are key but we won when they were missing, not to mention problems in both full back positions.

This.

It shows a much more cohesive group working together for a common goal. So simple, yet seems to have evaded us for a few years.

Spot on
Go back to that season with Carlo when we were nailed on for at least Europa league qualification
All it took was Doucoure and Allan to miss some games in the run in and suddenly we lost all our power and presence in midfield and ended up finishing midtable