New Everton Stadium Discussion

View attachment 238424

Been thinking about the green mini pitch again, after watching Mr Drone’s latest vid.

Given that a guy is painting the concrete barriers around it Everton blue, it further made me think this is part of some sort of colour calibration test.

Perhaps it’s about seeing how grass green and Everton blue will look under the floodlight setup, or on TV cameras.

Whatever it is, I’m fairly certain it’s not part of any pitch drainage / heating sub-structure as I’ve seen others speculate. It’s surface-level, and the fact it’s painted means it’s meant to be seen - at least in the short term.
Most the modelling can be done with computers these days

I think it's for a photo opp.

When the takeover gets the green light maybe?

I'm sure I'll be told why I'm wrong but opening at the start of a season seems sensible. Get some friendly matches in to test processes, one being a big showcase event versus Real Madrid and Ancelotti or something like that.
No I think you're right. Who knows what our situation will be next season but moving grounds mid-season would just be a massive distraction, from a football perspective much better to finish out the season and get the players used to the new stadium in pre-season.

I'm sure I'll be told why I'm wrong but opening at the start of a season seems sensible. Get some friendly matches in to test processes, one being a big showcase event versus Real Madrid and Ancelotti or something like that.
I agree
Also glad that we know what’s happening and when it’s happening and that last game of the season at Goodison should be one hell of an occasion

No chance, don't want to be getting stuffed 10-0 against Madrid.

Get that side we played ore season where won 23-0, that'll do for starters!

are they going to do any transport links?

it’s far for some people i don’t drive ( and when i go it’s with family etc who do )

but say games they don’t? it’s guna be a pain in the ass to get to and back

is have to train from were i live (huyton)
but then it’s a mission from they’re

il be home about midnight every game lol lol