6 + 2 Point Deductions

'Only' finishing 15th instead of 10th is >£10 million in lost revenue. We all know the clubs financial situation, that kind of money is massive.

Not sure what ongoing global conflicts has got to do with this conversation.

I was just pointing out the tone of the comment from the womble I quoted was a bit crazy "we'll fight them on the beaches stuff". We broke the rules. End of. Kenwright and Moshiri are to blame - nobody else.

Have a word mate. It's only points and realistically the only effect is we will finish 15th instead of 10th. There's wars going on around the world. We broke the rules and got penalised. Yes harshly but the only matter for consternation is if other clubs get off more lightly now for similar offences. Until then just chill.
Go f*%k yourself kopite.

I think our main issue was believing that coming clean to the premier league would help us in the first place. We were already bang to rights in there eyes before we even stepped in front of a panel.

From then on, our defence of breaking the rules was always “yes, but…”
Obviously the Club is guilty of breaching the spending limits and would have expected some degree of punishment, but perhaps on a financial rather than sporting basis. I don't have any problem with admitting our faults

I think the PL and the panel placed far too much weight on the perceived sporting advantage in an effort to appease the likes of Leeds and Leicester who seem to think we cheated our way to safety rather than fluking it. The way I see it is that they have themselves to blame for their own woeful efforts: after all, we have hardly signed any superstars over the last few years.

I would even say that Leeds and Leicester have signed and/or sold more fancied players than we have in recent times. We always seem to pay over the odds for players no-one else wants, with the notable exception of Richarlison.

Go f*%k yourself kopite.

For politely offering a different viewpoint? Suggest you put some sugar on your cornflakes mate and give your kid a cuddle. This sort of hatred is bad for you. Yes of course it's legitimate to think the Premier league were harsh with us but we put ourselves in the dock with our own stupid corporate management. It's only corrupt if others are not punished similarly for comparable offences.

This 10 point deduction seems to be the best thing to happen to Everton since moshiri took over. The togetherness is moyesesque as shown after the final whistle on both the last home games. If we can keep this squad healthy and add a couple of new faces either Jan or summer we could be pushing into European places next season. If they give us any points back then we could sneak it on current form big ask I know but never say never

i was saying to a Leeds fan I work with, yes we broke the rules, we have actually admitted as much. We got a very heavy punishment dished out. That is not where the corruption acc

Accusation comes into it. I said had the rs, City manU etc. done the same, would they have got the ten points deducted. He said No, probably not. So I sai dthat is the corruption, that same corruption would have crucified Leeds. So supporting our stance isn‘t defending Everton, it is defending every non sky 6 club.

For politely offering a different viewpoint? Suggest you put some sugar on your cornflakes mate and give your kid a cuddle. This sort of hatred is bad for you. Yes of course it's legitimate to think the Premier league were harsh with us but we put ourselves in the dock with our own stupid corporate management. It's only corrupt if others are not punished similarly for comparable offences.
The fact they said yes or no to signings etc says they were bang out of order to push for 12 points to be deducted especially when they've said we were working with them and being honest about all that caused this mess. I think we may get 4 points back off them because of the uproar it's caused even to parliament etc. They're corrupt mofos with an agenda but listen like I've just mentioned the togetherness since it is there for all to see so hopefully it continues

This 10 point deduction seems to be the best thing to happen to Everton since moshiri took over. The togetherness is moyesesque as shown after the final whistle on both the last home games. If we can keep this squad healthy and add a couple of new faces either Jan or summer we could be pushing into European places next season. If they give us any points back then we could sneak it on current form big ask I know but never say never
I’m not sure I buy into this narrative.

I think a team going on this winning run to within a handful of points of the European places would be just as well received by the fans.

I think rather than instilling a seething resentment, Dyche has instilled a focused, ‘block out the noise’ approach with the players - which seems so far to be the superior approach.

I’d much rather we still had our points.

I’m not sure I buy into this narrative.

I think a team going on this winning run to within a handful of points of the European places would be just as well received by the fans.

I think rather than instilling a seething resentment, Dyche has instilled a focused, ‘block out the noise’ approach with the players - which seems so far to be the superior approach.

I’d much rather we still had our points.
We all would mate

Exactly why people are intent on fighting this as much as possible. Punish the owners, not the fans.
Why are we intent on fighting the points deduction?

Why wouldn’t we fight it? You’ve even given a good reason to do so in your closing sentence.

Edit: ah, I’m an idiot! Sorry, misread your post! I thought you were agreeing with the original poster!