6 + 2 Point Deductions

We know that can very very very easily happen. And Luton have picked up some form of late...and I definitely don't expect Burnley to keep on being beaten.

At LEAST one of the three promoted clubs will get their act together...and then we're fighting for dear life to get clear.
but by the same metric you can always see a team just above us having a nosedive mid season and getting dragged into the fray.

As usual its the Fans and the Team Punished, any wrong doings off the pitch, even an error etc should be punished off the pitch.
Its not right we have a owner who does not want to be here, get away with anything, because he's a rich owner. While We get a points deduction and punished on the pitch, seems so very wrong, while trying to sell to 777, while the prem league will probably turn a blind eye to all their wrong doings

We know that can very very very easily happen. And Luton have picked up some form of late...and I definitely don't expect Burnley to keep on being beaten.

At LEAST one of the three promoted clubs will get their act together...and then we're fighting for dear life to get clear.
Where’s you fighting spirit from last year mate? We are 2 points off safety with 24 to play!!!!! Today is bad news but let’s be positive and fight, fight, fight!!!!!

IMO he may be spot on knowing our legal team - we could end up with a 12 point deduction - saying that who were our legal team ?

Chelsea & Man City will have the finest Lawers -

Moshiri just needs to sell up ASAP - a clueless accountant with a useless former Chairman - - think on now he could have sacked his board saving £19 million for today's outcome .....
An appeal is futile.

The only 'positive' is that we know our fate. We've been shafted on the severity of the infringement given its scale.

We're on 4 points and we won't get any of the ten taken away back. We now need 36 points from 26 matches.

One can hold the position that we have been abysmally mismanaged by an incompetent and venal board and simultaneously feel that we have been scapegoated grotesquely to satisfy other agendas.

Any Everton fan claiming we have been given what we deserve has...other agendas and, probably, other loyalties.
The club has been treated harshly us fans even more so.

Where I disagree is why. We can pretend it is because the Premier League which we are one-twentieth of is out to get us. Or we acknowledge that the penalty is harsher than it would have been because of the way the owner and board have handled this.

The board has been shouting from the rooftops that they had done nothing wrong. When they clearly have. They had ample opportunity to clarify whether the deductions we were relying on were legitimate. They had ample opportunity to rein in spending and get within FFP. Instead, they tried to blag it.

Some of the mitigation they relied on is frankly embarrassing. I mean budgeting for finishing 6th when we have been fighting relegation for years. Budgeting for selling Keane when he wasn't even up for sale. Trying to claim £88m for COVID-19 player trading losses. Claiming for Stadium costs that were used to keep the club afloat. Having two sets of books one for investors and one for the Premier League.

If you want a lighter sentence then you show contrition, you cooperate and above all, you don't insult the intelligence of the professionals running the process.

Is it possible to have a -10 squad number on a shirt? Just for a laugh.

I'd imagine we'd get fines out of our **** if it was on the back of our shirts. A cheeky message reveal without fully removing the shirt, however...

Who would be bold enough to do it in our squad, though? I suppose we could warm-up in "-10" shirts, reminiscent of a certain shower!

As usual its the Fans and the Team Punished, any wrong doings off the pitch, even an error etc should be punished off the pitch.
Its not right we have a owner who does not want to be here, get away with anything, because he's a rich owner. While We get a points deduction and punished on the pitch, seems so very wrong, while trying to sell to 777, while the prem league will probably turn a blind eye to all their wrong doings
Does anyone know what class of Lawers we used ?
As they have let us down badly, as there is nothing as justice .... It's on the day how you plan your defence, i.e. we had shown our books to the premiership & they ratified them whether they were right or incorrect .....

Or did we just bend over & get clobbered - We are the 3rd team in the premiership to get deducted - Middlesborough 3 points for not turning up for one game - Portsmouth 9 points for going into administration - which is standard in the rule book of the premiership -
We got 10 points for one offence - ridiculously 3 games defeats & a draw

Where’s you fighting spirit from last year mate? We are 2 points off safety with 24 to play!!!!! Today is bad news but let’s be positive and fight, fight, fight!!!!!
I see things in the round:

1/ we've been HIGHLY fortunate so far to keep DCL on the pitch but we know he'll have a setback. We can factor that in
2/ the promoted teams cant possibly have a worse run of form than they have so far, they'll pick up
3/ ...and relatedly...those promoted teams will get a huge boost from our misfortune
4/ our players now have a ready made excuse if things start going wrong. That's just human nature

I see things bleakly because we've just hot the buffers. This team isn't capable of running 48-50 points in a season...and that's what they'll have to do.

Absolutely no chance.

An appeal is futile.

The only 'positive' is that we know our fate. We've been shafted on the severity of the infringement given its scale.

We're on 4 points and we won't get any of the ten taken away back. We now need 36 points from 26 matches.
Sheff Utd, Burnley and Luton will be lucky to get 40 pts between them let alone just one.
I reckon 25 pts could easily see a team safe this season.