6 + 2 Point Deductions

This doesn’t help us.

Moshiri overspent. He did so knowingly and with warnings. He could have sold players to meet the P&S rules.
he chose not to.

He has completely screwed us by deliberately and knowingly flouting the rules. As the report says, the problem was that the club believed the players were worth a certain value and no one wanted to pay that money. And yet, Moshiri still bought players.

he’s not assed he’s selling us so he won’t care

777 aren’t guna help neither!

Well, the point is we were never given the chance to prove that point.

We're being done up like kippers here, and all true Evertonians - whether they think we have been abysmally run into the ground by Kenwright and Moshiri or not - know it and will play no part in justifying, in any way, the merciless expedience of this "independent" committee.
It is just a farcical argument.

What next offset losses against players who get a long-term injury. Offset losses against players who have a dip in form. Offset losses if a new manager comes in and doesn't fancy a player.

We massively exceeded P&S and then came up with daft excuses. I mean we claimed £88m. No other club has claimed anything like our £88m for player trading COVID losses. Most have not reported anything at all, while the next highest is Aston Villa with only £13m.

It was just pure idiocy by the owners and board. Some of us were warning about this for years but were shouted down by the mob.

Loving this. Take some down with us when applicable.
Well considering Barca reportedly bid 80m for him at one point but we didn’t sell I don’t think we can talk about if’s and but’s.
I said all along he was worth about 9 but typical of us we sold him for like 50. We should have waited until after the World Cup. He would have gone for more money.

Just listened to 5live talking about the 10 point deduction. Most talking sense, and mentioning how this is mostly due to the stadium build during a pandemic and the loss of staduim naming rights. But Andy Dunn (whoever he is) saying that the pandemic affected all clubs.
Thing is, not ALL clubs were building a bloody stadium during a pandemic!! Our situation at the time was completely different to all other clubs!

Mentioned before ...if we got slapped with 10 points as punishment for our transfer business under Moshiri...there would be no complaints.

But the idea the stadium and Moshiri's flawed accountancy over £19mill is our downfall is ridiculous

What next offset losses against players who get a long-term injury. Offset losses against players who have a dip in form. Offset losses if a new manager comes in and doesn't fancy a player.

We massively exceeded P&S and then came up with daft excuses. I mean we claimed £88m. No other club has claimed anything like our £88m for player trading COVID losses. Most have not reported anything at all, while the next highest is Aston Villa with only £13m.

It was just pure idiocy by the owners and board. Some of us were warning about this for years but were shouted down by the mob.
We didn’t.

moshiri did.

we just pay the price for his incompetence.

We‘re exceptionally lucky that the decision has come this season and we will be fine.

Well considering Barca reportedly bid 80m for him at one point but we didn’t sell I don’t think we can talk about if’s and but’s.
I said all along he was worth about 9 but typical of us we sold him for like 50. We should have waited until after the World Cup. He would have gone for more money.
That's the whole point of the argument though, we couldn't wait. He had to be sold before the end of the FY. That's why we claim we had to take under fair value.

If the league are worried about Government intervention, then take this case straight to the government and put on a plate to them what a 'wholly disproportionate' punishment this is to one of the country's longest established clubs. Put pressure on the PL, that unless they deal with this in a more balanced way then Everton football club will be pushing for government intervention and a more balanced and fair marshaling of the country's top flight football clubs.

….we’ve heard from Andy Burnham but I expect MPs. especially Liverpool MPs to start raising this matter.

Doesn't matter that we took the piss. Every club did it no matter how big or small. Just like say Chelsea getting round FFP with 8 year contracts...these are there to be exploited.

The PL have said we've not blagged anything.

One can hold the position that we have been abysmally mismanaged by an incompetent and venal board and simultaneously feel that we have been scapegoated grotesquely to satisfy other agendas.

Any Everton fan claiming we have been given what we deserve has...other agendas and, probably, other loyalties.

Always wanted this myself, mate. It's obvious why we couldn't/didn't, though.

Go red

Hold on, if you cant work that out you must be daft. What have we got last two seasons? Average of 37 points. At least one of those three clubs below us find firm...very possible...it'll mean we'll have had to have had a 48 points season to keep them at arms length. If you think we're as good as that then you are the one who have to show your workings out.
For Luton to get 37 points they need 31 points from 26 games. That kind of form would put them on 45 points over the course of a season.

So they have to go from form that would get them 19 points over a season to 45 points over a season just to match our average over the last 2 seasons. The other two would have to improve more.

And even if they did, it would STILL require a drop off in form from us.