6 + 2 Point Deductions

Saw them - Cottee's just annoyed me. Anything from Reidy, Southall, Ratcliffe etc?

Club legends secure headlines and help PR - ours are too quiet, IMO.

Southall was on 5 live and said we use this to galvanise the team and go out and just win games.

Just said we know what we have to do now and we don't have this over our heads now.

That's really harsh and with appeals this is going to be messy. But we are in touching distance of safety even with the deduction. I think talking about a 45+ point season is missing the point that we just have to finish above 3 teams. If this had come before our recent run of form, and we'd been in the minus-points territory, I think we would have lost faith. But we should be able to turn this into a backs against the wall, they're trying to relegate us, mentality. Just do the same again, keep the decent form going and drag ourselves out of the muck again.

We cant cope with that deduction.

Not at all.

A 48-50 point season is needed and we're still off that rate with DCL and Tarkowski being fit.

A key injury is all this takes now to relegate us.

Make no mistake that decision today relegated us.

All the bravado of "we can easily get clear" is BS. We cant.
We're one win away from 17th, us being completely done for would mean we're just as bad as the promoted teams, which surely can't be the case?

Very surprised I can't lie. Definitely has a showtrial feel to it. We were an easy target and they've gone for us. The club has been run poorly so this is on the board. But the punishment has to fit the crime. I don't think the 10pts will stick after an appeal. Either way we'll take our medicine. Rather we get hit now rather than March or April. 2pts from safety and those around us are weaker than Leeds, Leicester and Southampton. This only galvernises us. Ready for the fight. UTFT

Look at the betting exchanges Dave. There are three teams odds on to get relegated whilst we are almost 3/1.

Not like you to be hysterical, much.

You think we're capable of a 48 point season. Ok.

I say we're nowhere near that level and will sink if DCL get injured or Tarokowski or Branthwaite do.

There's some absolute pollyanna nonsense about its being "ok" here. Its utter 'kin tripe.

An unjust point deduction, next match under the lights at The Old Lady, against the Mancs - it'll be absolutely rocking and 10 points is down to 7.

That feckless board need to do whatever they can to counter this with reinforcements in the January transfer window and we can turn this around without too much trouble imo. COYB.

I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily true, for the first couple of years I was happy to go along with our mad spending, thinking that surely he wasn’t a complete buffoon that didn’t know what he’s doing. However the appointment of Allardyce was the first alarm bell, and the appointment of Benitez fully tipped me over the edge. He will go down as the worst thing to ever happen to the football club.
Indeed mate. Seems some folks want to totally ignore what he did in the early years of his reign with his cheque book, then the huge out of proportion losses during covid and now they want to blame everyone else for the mess that has led to today. It's been coming. We've been playing with fire. The only good thing about this is that it really does shine a light of City and Chelsea.

How can the premier League argue that they are protecting the profiability and sustainability of a club and then do their best to relegate them, which has more of a direct impact to the profitability and sustainability of a club?
Remember even that if we stay up, final position in the table directly affects how much money the club receives, so a points deduction this large is equivalent to withholding income rightfully earned this season. Which will affect profitability and sustainability just on its own!