6 + 2 Point Deductions

The
knowledge that Everton was facing PSR calculation challenges causedpotential purchasers for their players to drive a hard bargain. Evertonconsidered that the sale on 30 June 2022 of Mr Richarlison to TottenhamHotspur FC for the sum of £60 million, rather than the sum of £80 million thatit had budgeted to receive, to be directly attributable to its PSR calculationdifficulties.

Genuine question. Where are these numbers coming from?

Athletic reports...

Everton FC’s PSR calculation for the relevant period resulted in a loss of £124.5million, as contended by the Premier League, which exceeded the threshold of £105million permitted under the PSRs.

So it's either this figure...which is £19.5mill.

Or they're saying that last season's accounts we made a loss of £124.5mill rather than the £40odd mill we submitted.

Better this season than last season.

Interesting to see if other PL clubs get similar punishments - City and Chelsea for instance.
City probably 12 points because that's the "maximum" they can receive. And they'll win the league by 10 points even with that

All this does is open the floodgates to cheating on an industrial level knowing the maximum possible punishment is 12 points.

Id have taken the points, keep them this season and get out of it.

There’s enough poor sides this season to get out. A win a week on Sunday for example and we’re already 2 points off safety, and make no mistake, Goodison is going to be feisty, nasty and anything else you want against United.

The Premier League is one corrupt organisation. I bet now we've been punished, City & Chelsea's crimes will be just brushed under the carpet.

I'm just gutted as we are doing great this season and getting to 14 points already has been a massive step up from the last 2 years and in mid table. It's like we're playing Snakes & bloody Ladders!!

The justice of this decision will only become clear when City and Chelsea go through the same process.

If they are punished in a way that is proportionate to this - with the level of cooperation and openness in the investigation taken into account - then I have less of an issue with this decision. If, as everyone deep down suspects, they are let off then this is an absurd and disgusting decision.