Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went from playing more on the deck on the first half to just hoofing long balls in the second. Felt like that was a huge difference from how the first half went
The first half wasnt great but in the second Everton hit ground zero of football. Some people moaned about Big Sams style of football ....

We lost that game last season 4-1 and it was genuinely one of the most angry I have been as a fan of this club. It's a shame we didn't hold on but it's not a bad result at all when the dust settles a bit. I said before the match without Onana that I would take a point now if offered and that's what we got.

We done well to shut them out for so long, however, playing like that and inviting them to dominate like that always increases the likelihood of a mad deflection or something like that happening.

Go toe to toe with them though and they probably hit us for 6, so swings and roundabouts.

Feel like we could’ve done with changes sooner, with a few visibly goosed from about 50 minutes onwards.

All in all, a point against these isn’t a bad result, even if it feels like a loss after leading for so long.

The fluke goal came from a very tired player so yes fresh legs were needed earlier and that is on the manager.
That's absolute rubbish, Mitoma's cross was nothing and he got lucky.

Clearly you have an agenda about subs and if you want to look through that lens then crack on

3rd from bottom Luton on 5 points are going to get smashed tomorrow (I regret to say hopefully...). When they do, we will have moved a further point towards safety...

Status
Not open for further replies.