Match Thread Everton v Brighton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though a draw was about fair,
we needed fresh legs in the middle in the second half But we didn't have anyone to bring on.
Absolutely damning because we have just two injuries in the entire squad.

They're gonna leave us high and dry in January as well aren't they?

The club seemingly taking loans on a monthly basis to survive, would not be surprised in the slightest if Onana is sold and not replaced.

We’re at least 5 points away from the last relegation place with a much better goal difference. We won our last home game and have 7 points from the last 4 league games. There’s no indicator currently that we’re playing like one of the three worst teams in the league.

The majority of our home games have been against “lower” teams and we have beaten one of them … we have to play them at their place and it will cost us down the road .

Nearly held on, when I say held on I mean defend comfortably. Brighton for all there possession caused us problems from set pieces only. From the 7/8 min we defended our lead and did so comfortably until the fluke of a goal. This asks the question....should of we defended our lead or tried to grab another? We did very little in the 2nd half aside from defending resolutely but once we conceded we looked for the winner. That is what confuses me. Regardless, we got a draw against a good team and we didn't lose. We are progressing as a team taking into consideration we are not a great team.

I will take the point as a positive but disappointed we didn't take all 3. It hurts when it is so late in the game

6 points above the relegation zone.

I’d have bitten everyone’s hand off for that.

Dropping two points in that manner stings, but I won’t lose sleep over it.

Exactly.

People need to stop crying over individual games. We win one and Dyche is amazing, we lose one and it’s the worst loss in the history of football.

This forum needs to look at the big picture more. We’re improving and showing signs of moving away from another relegation battling season.

It's very simple.

1 up with 6 mins left, we should not be happy with a draw.

Earlier subs, replace tired legs, we push on and perhaps get a second.

Not assed about freak goal excuses, we need to win. Not settle.

On Dyche, like it or lump it. He gets paid the dollar to make the decisions we can all see need to be made.
You realise we're not very good though right and Brighton have quality all over the pitch that we kept quiet for 84 minutes?

Absolutely damning because we have just two injuries in the entire squad.

They're gonna leave us high and dry in January as well aren't they?

The club seemingly taking loans on a monthly basis to survive, would not be surprised in the slightest if Onana is sold and not replaced.
A club taking loans on a monthly basis doesn’t offer Doucoure a new contract and make him the highest earner

Status
Not open for further replies.