2023/24 Dele

Hope we see him soon even as a bit part player.

Negotiation with Spurs seems quite simple to me, we ain't paying a bean, so it's Spurs' choice on whether you want to waive the fee and show your support for the lad, or hold us to the original agreement. With the narrative being that he's not playing because Spurs held firm on the deal knowing our money troubles and Dele wanting to get back on the pitch.

If only this were true. We're paying his wages.

Spurs wanted his wage off of their books by any means necessary. The buit-in triggers for fees are just happy / unlikely bonuses for them if he somehow DOES come good.

I repeat, he won't see a game for us this season
We ain't paying 10 Mill for him now, of that much I'm sure. Too much of the season has gone for us to get our monies worth.

But not playing him for a single game? Nah, I can see him being used if we are light due to injuries/suspensions. We can use him for 6 games.

If only this were true. We're paying his wages.

Spurs wanted his wage off of their books by any means necessary. The buit-in triggers for fees are just happy / unlikely bonuses for them if he somehow DOES come good.
Agree, my point being that we should open any negotiations with Spurs by saying we're not paying anything over his wages, it's their call in whether they want to waive them to let the lad play football.