2023/24 Sean Dyche

Could see the right results coming despite those early losses at home. Still they cost us 9 pts, Fulham Wolves and Luton for me. He clawed back 2 pts Sunday many would have us as draw at best maybe a loss, so we are still 6 or 7 pts adrift of where we should be. We could be in eight above United on 16 pts, if those forementioned losses had been wins
Those early home games could still come back to haunt him.

We play differently at home than we do away. We believe we have to go and break teams down and take the innititive. We don’t and we’re not good enough. That injuries and delays in recruitment takes care of Fulham, Wolves and Luton.

It’s a problem the manager has to confront and perhaps own some of his own insecurities.

We are a far better contain and counter team then we are a progressive front foot team - we need to change how we play at home.

We struggle with home games more than we do away - we shouldn’t and there are reasons why.

How would you define comfortably ? We beat the Hammers yes but they had more possession, more attempts on goal. Need to do, have the team controlling games and winning by a bigger margin. Some thing he did not manage at Burnley.
Everton have done that comfortably in most games this season, so by one of your own metrics Dyche has disproved your own theory.
A beautiful story with a happy ending.

How would you define comfortably ? We beat the Hammers yes but they had more possession, more attempts on goal. Need to do, have the team controlling games and winning by a bigger margin. Some thing he did not manage at Burnley.
Hilarious post! You must’ve loved the Fulham and Wolves matches where we destroyed them by every metric apart from the score!

We play differently at home than we do away. We believe we have to go and break teams down and take the innititive. We don’t and we’re not good enough. That injuries and delays in recruitment takes care of Fulham, Wolves and Luton.

It’s a problem the manager has to confront and perhaps own some of his own insecurities.

We are a far better contain and counter team then we are a progressive front foot team - we need to change how we play at home.

We struggle with home games more than we do away - we shouldn’t and there are reasons why.
Re the bold part I agree on Fulham and Wolves but I don't think we can have many excuses for Luton TBF

If we had played every home game as if we were the away side with quick counter attacking football, focusing on contain and press..then attack, i reckon we'd be flying.

If we had played every home game as if we were the away side with quick counter attacking football, focusing on contain and press..then attack, i reckon we'd be flying.

Why do you think we dont mate?

I think the manager is trying to hard to break the stereotype hes perceived in, maybe a fearful of loosing the fans and trying to prove he can manage a "big club".

Let's cause some chaos and throw in some STATS from @Greenallefc on twitter

1698762234640.png

I dislike him, no problem there.

I will revise my dislike intensity after 20 games, as I feel a lot of people are looking at the first ten games and thinking we are well on our way to safety.

I am not one of those people.
Understood and I’m still concerned that losses came to wolves/Fulham/luton but we have generally been hard to break down and whilst the xG quotes are a bit naff we are making chances. It is encouraging . I do think he got more out of the team than Frank and certainly putting more in than fat boy . Considering the lack of clear realistic alternatives I wouldn’t expect anyone to really be better for us at tve moment
I guess he isn’t mr right but he’s mr right for now

Been going on a long time that.... Since bobby's first season ? Maybe the exception of Carlo's Corona season.

At least that's how it feels.