2023/24 Sean Dyche

Feels like something he'll never change but the fullbacks were way too narrow again. Our fullbacks can never close their man down before they get a shot/cross away.

A layoff from Paqueta(?) instead of that bicycle kick or a better finish from Bowen at the near post and we'd be screwed today. Just too dangerous an area to concede so many chances from.
But we weren’t screwed were we, What a ridiculous take, we’ve won the game ffs!

What happens if Harrison makes the right decision first half and we score? Do we end up drawing 2-2 instead?

Funny thing being a manager sometimes isn't it?

All the pre season prep and yet we it took a warm up injury to effectively save the season.

There's a very nice balance to the team currently back to front (although badly needs Tarks and DCL to stay fit to remain effective).

Don't want to go after him as he was a good player in his first spell but Gana should've been left out far sooner especially for home games. Quite interesting he wasn't even going to get dropped after being subbed at half time v Luton.

Hopefully that's a lesson for the manager as Onana + Garner are doing very well as the pivot and should've been trusted way sooner rather than nonsense like Garner getting shoehorned out wide.

Team were solid today, could have put the game to bed but held it together well at the end. My one issue was I felt there where a couple of leggy players in the last 10 minutes and I would have put some fresh legs in midfield but we won so onwards to Wednesday now.
Think it’s clear that he trusts that eleven…but outside of gana I don’t think he trusts anyone else off the bench to see the game out.

Don’t think danjuma is his type of player at all, in an ideal world we’d have another two widemen in the team who would give us something similar to McNeill and Harrison.

Thought the chermitti sub was interesting. You could see him screaming at Beto when he came on last week for not closing down properly…be interesting to see who starts on Wednesday.

….I know I’m in the minority who like the job he’s doing but I do wonder if there’s a bit of snobbery with some posters thinking the ‘stereotype’ Dyche is not good enough for our club.

The nonsense of ‘hoofball’, the ludicrous idea he ‘plays his mates’, ‘Dyche fit’ ffs.

He can only work with what he has and I much prefer watching Dyche Everton to Lampard or Benitez Everton.

Maybe Moshiri finally got one right.