2023/24 Sean Dyche

Yes Players being able to perform simple footballing aspects on the pitch would fall under the purview of a manager , if they can't meet those standards play the kids
Ah mate, I know you don't rate Dyche, you've got good reason not to, but when was the last time we had anything approaching a fluid midfield?

Maybe briefly under Ancelotti? Fatty Koeman with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Barkley? And Gueye was mostly just mopping up. Silva possibly?

Dyche could be Pep but Gueye and Douc are never ball players.

Onana can play simple passes (better than Doucoure) but that probably only leaves Garner.

Where Dyche is a lunk, is in what I can only assume is his desire for physicality. Only reason I can see for playing both Doucoure and Onana over Garner.

Last edited:
Ah mate, I know you don't rate Dyche, you've got good reason not to, but when was the last time we had anything approaching a fluid midfield?

Maybe briefly under Ancelotti? Fatty Koeman with Gueye, Schneiderlin and Barkley? And Gueye was mostly just mopping up. Silva possibly?

Dyche could be Pep but Gueye and Douc are never ball players.

Onana can play simple passes (better than Doucoure) but that probably only leaves Garner.

Where Dyche is a lunk, is in what I can only assume is his desire for physicality. Only reason I can see for playing both Doucoure and Onana over Garner.
I don’t know why he plays the system he does, the fact he does means Doucoure is the only one of the midfield three that can play that far forward and press. I would definitely give Garner a game over Onana, he couldn’t do much worse. The system Dyche plays doesn’t seem to allow us to change midfielders and positions.

I was expecting effort and organisation from a Dyche team as a minimum. We don't really have that. All the teams know they can do us with short corners. And it was really noticeable that Fulham keep scoring the same type of goal against us.

The use of the midfield is also frustrating. Use the tools you have in a better way.

I was expecting effort and organisation from a Dyche team as a minimum. We don't really have that. All the teams know they can do us with short corners. And it was really noticeable that Fulham keep scoring the same type of goal against us.

The use of the midfield is also frustrating. Use the tools you have in a better way.

I see the organization, I see effort.

I don't necessarily see a cohesive plan to attack, don't see patterns of play.

The short corners are stupid. They should just stay compact in the box and not chase the ball like they did with Arsenal. A team like that doesn't want to cross the ball into the box with 10 Everton players, so why send four people out to chase?

Yes Players being able to perform simple footballing aspects on the pitch would fall under the purview of a manager , if they can't meet those standards play the kids
Great to know we dont need to sign any players or anything, we just need to get a good manager and players all magically go from being unable to play the sport to able to play it well.

Kind of sounds suspiciously like Bills strategy for the past 5 years. 777 will be glad to know no money needs to be invested into the playing squad.

Great to know we dont need to sign any players or anything, we just need to get a good manager and players all magically go from being unable to play the sport to able to play it well.

Kind of sounds suspiciously like Bills strategy for the past 5 years. 777 will be glad to know no money needs to be invested into the playing squad.

Very true. I do think 1 point from 15 is atrocious but we've got pretty atrocious players. Piss poor midfield. fullbacks with nothing about them that stands out. Two of our centre halves(godfrey & keane) are a nightmare.
Debate until the cows come home. We just havent got much quality at all. Its a relegation fighting squad, with possibly a relegation fighting level manager thrown in for good measure.

Very true. I do think 1 point from 15 is atrocious but we've got pretty atrocious players. Piss poor midfield. fullbacks with nothing about them that stands out. Two of our centre halves(godfrey & keane) are a nightmare.
Debate until the cows come home. We just havent got much quality at all. Its a relegation fighting squad, with possibly a relegation fighting level manager thrown in for good measure.
Agreed, and Im all for those who want to argue Dyche isnt good enough, his tactics are poor, hes not setting up the team for success etc... but when Ronaldo misses a sitter no one goes "FFS whats the manager doing???"

Dyche has no say over the players who are available to him, so you cant blame him for that, and he cant kick a ball for the players. Instead hes to blame for playing worse players over better players, poor tactics that put players in bad positions, and for substitutions or lack thereof. If players are in position to succeed and just miss a shot, a tackle, or a simple pass, thats on them and its bizarre I even have to clarify that since we have spent so many years talking about how poor the player recruitment has been.

I get it that recruitment has been lackluster and too infrequent, as our squad is thin, but my expectations are low im not even expecting us to be upper midtable, I just feel garner could have more of role in midfield introducing a greater composure on the ball and veteran premier league players could string a series of a more than one pass together ( if that) its not towering expectations and once again dyche got better performances from players I know it's hard to conceive more wretched than our starting eleven. I would like a higher quality level of recruitment but until then we can't just throw our hands in the air and go the " squads terrible so we cant place amy modicum of expectations to win the occasional game on dyche"

Don’t need to. Players should play for the fans and put in 100% effort for the fans regardless of whether they like the manager. Managers come and go, fans remain.

Managers poor tactics will always out themselves even despite best efforts of players and see the end of the manager.
He started the first 2 games of last season and did not start again until Dyche came. Apparently he said lampard had something personal against him. So far this season he has 1 goal and 1 assist. We have scored 4 goals in 6 games. He has been involved in 50% of our goals. Many worse performers like gueye and onana. Are you related to lampard?