The Architect

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we list all player acquisitions since Moshiri arrived I don't think we'll find either of the other DoF's with a bigger hit rate than him. The only good players we have had were bought by him.

He had 3 and a half years and when he left we were on the brink of the relegation zone with a wages to turnover ratio at 95%

Now the crap has hit the fan and we have to clean up that mess. I'm no fan of Thelwell but he is not operating in a time that Walsh and Brands had. His hands are tied and cash is very tight.

He had 3 and a half years and when he left we were on the brink of the relegation zone with a wages to turnover ratio at 95%

Now the crap has hit the fan and we have to clean up that mess. I'm no fan of Thelwell but he is not operating in a time that Walsh and Brands had. His hands are tied and cash is very tight.

And yet he's still using those limited funds to sign Neal Maupay, a young striker from Portugal we didn't need, OAP Ashley Young on PL wages and constantly leaving us short in key positions with a refusal to use the loan market to its fullest.

Every bit as useless, if not more so, than both Steve Walsh and Kevin Thelwell but gets half the criticism and the double the excuses.

A complete and utter charlatan. Basically the executive version of your typical Eredevise player, the myth gets exposed as soon as they leave home comforts.

And yet he's still using those limited funds to sign Neal Maupay, a young striker from Portugal we didn't need, OAP Ashley Young on PL wages and constantly leaving us short in key positions with a refusal to use the loan market to its fullest.

Maybe it was Moshiri who signed Maupay, we can use one of Brands excuses for that.

Buying young players with potential is what we should have been doing from the off.

Young was brought in as he can cover both fullback positions and had been playing well for Villa last season, not so much this season.

Lack of Loans and players short is probably due to lack of cash and why we are doing numerous loans to keep the Wolves from the door and the stadium build going.

Maybe it was Moshiri who signed Maupay, we can use one of Brands excuses for that.

Buying young players with potential is what we should have been doing from the off.

Young was brought in as he can cover both fullback positions and had been playing well for Villa last season, not so much this season.

Lack of Loans and players short is probably due to lack of cash and why we are doing numerous loans to keep the Wolves from the door and the stadium build going.

I mean I'm not using any excuses in my posts here so not sure why you're using them yourself.

Did Brands not buy young players? Average age of his signings was 25 and that was quite brutally skewed by the specific manager picks like Rondon/Townsend for Benitez and Allan/Rodriguez for Ancelotti as well as some ancient backup keepers no one batted an eye at.

Those signing equate to about 12 Bernie Wrights & Rod Bellfits - but for much more money & we got rid of the other two really quick - it was easier back then ......

I mean I'm not using any excuses in my posts here so not sure why you're using them yourself.

Did Brands not buy young players? Average age of his signings was 25 and that was quite brutally skewed by the specific manager picks like Rondon/Townsend for Benitez and Allan/Rodriguez for Ancelotti as well as some ancient backup keepers no one batted an eye at.

To be fair it's not you who has been making that excuse for Brands.

His buying of young players was hit and miss but I don't mind that as they will have some resale value, that's the structure we should have fully commited to under him and before that with Walsh.

To be fair it's not you who has been making that excuse for Brands.

His buying of young players was hit and miss but I don't mind that as they will have some resale value, that's the structure we should have fully commited to under him and before that with Walsh.

I'd say no DoF here has really done well but I also don't like to judge them completely directly because as we all know the entire club is a mess and it must be so hard to just be left to do your job.

I think we've had good buys and bad buys under all 3. It seems like Thelwell at least has an idea on how to save us money in deals but at what cost come May.

I mean it is all ultimately a moot point because unless you’re one of about 6 clubs you can’t spend money freely and if you aren’t one of about 3 clubs you’re aren’t allowed to win titles.

Makes a DoF for a club like Everton utterly pointless.

Status
Not open for further replies.