2023/24 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
10m dollars not really much of a fee in this era of football. Dont agree with this sale. Its money that will never be seen by the manager
My guess is we will have new owners with in 18months.
These sales are to allow them a blank canvass with ffp.
We are a better proposition without a possible points deduction over hanging us.
Might be wrong but that’s my guess.

Harrison academic at this point , danjuma not quite as sparky but looking promising
I think I'd rather a 7/10 Danjuma over an accoasional 9/10 Gray.

He looked amazing when he burst through at Birmingham, and I thought Leicester did well to sign him.

He was offloaded after a couple of seasons and Bayer Leverkusen were only too happy to send him our way for a paltry fee.

I just think we need consistency rather than flashes of brilliance. It's a decent fee for a player who blows very hot and cold. (for me anyway)

My guess is we will have new owners with in 18months.
These sales are to allow them a blank canvass with ffp.
We are a better proposition without a possible points deduction over hanging us.
Might be wrong but that’s my guess.

These sales for me anyway, are about Moshiri clawing as much money as he can back, before he slides off into the sunset. Thelwell in my view has done very well, improving the first 11 on a shoestring, £3m upfront, but to the cost of the squad being absolutely threadbare. Hope we are lucky with injuries this year.

We’re swapping permanent players for loan players.
Obviously for the financial issues we face, but just a caution for when they all go back to their parent clubs at the end of the season.

If you look at it that way we’re replacing 2 players in Iwobi and Gray who are out of contract at the end of the season for 2 other players on loan in danjuma and the lad from Leeds who effectively are out of contract with us at the end of the season.

We’ve paid say £3m-£5m in loan fees and received £28m… and at least maintained the standard.

We’ve also swapped a net weekly wage of £145k a week for (I think) £80k a week

Is it still a bad deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.