Summer transfer window 2023

simpsons-head-explode.gif
I've genuinely never seen a gif that encapsulates life as an Everton fan more

To be honest we just need to sell at this point. The player seems to want to leave, we can't afford to let the player walk for free, and we can't afford to give an already high earner an increased contract.

At some point we will just have to accept the offer. If they are offering say £14m and we want £15m or £16m for example, we will just have to take it or take slightly less than we want. £12m-£14m is still significantly better for our finances than a free transfer, and should give us money to reinvest.

The sales need to be completed and then we need to reinvest. The days of players with value leaving for free transfers need to be over moving forward, and that's why I am ok with selling Iwobi and Cannon. So long as we also see reinvestment of the funds today.

For sure it is the right business decision - if he's not interested in extending here.

Either way you look at it, replacing Iwobi on the wing with Gnonto or replacing him centrally with Reed is an enormous upgrade, nevermind potentially getting both. Would be astonishing business really. Getting those two for probably less than the price of Iwobi, Gray and Cannon is great negotiating by us, which I can't say is something we do too often.

TalkSPORT and a decent percentage of posters on here
Anyone who values stats versus watching games will say we’re weaker with Iwobi

Yes he did some assists but he also gave the ball away in dangerous places, misplaced passes, can’t cross, can’t beat a man, slows down our attacks by not making decisions, dangles a foot in instead of tackling and loses his man he should be marking

Harrison will easily replace his goals and assists, let alone if we bring in a replacement like Gnonto or Sinisterra as reported…