2023/24 Mason Holgate

You mean that contract that runs till 2025. If he wanted to just sit on his arse and see it out he wouldn't currently be going on loan to play.

….playing on loan puts you in the shop window, playing well on loan puts you in demand. We saw with Mina how robust he was last season when it most mattered to his situation, we saw with Tom Davies how not playing made it difficult for him.

Nobody will get anywhere near matching Holgate’s salary, i suspect Soton want him as cover for a couple of positions in the back four but if he impresses he’ll be in a decent position to eye a Bosman.

….playing on loan puts you in the shop window, playing well on loan puts you in demand. We saw with Mina how robust he was last season when it most mattered to his situation, we saw with Tom Davies how not playing made it difficult for him.

Nobody will get anywhere near matching Holgate’s salary, i suspect Soton want him as cover for a couple of positions in the back four but if he impresses he’ll be in a decent position to eye a Bosman.

If you play well out on loan for one season, then sit on your arse for one season, no one remembers the good season come free agent time. 12 months are a long time in football.

I would like to slate who it was that ever seen anything other than a complete numb skull and give him this contract. The I remembered how so many on here were saying he's the future of our club.

Good move for all parties. 3 years ago Pep, was allegedly interested in taking him.

Time to recover his career and I think he knows now its to move on. I wish him well.

Great question, the stats would be inreresting to see.

Bolasie, Gomes, Mirallas, Tosun, Besic, Martina, Gbamin, Walcott, Garbutt, Pennington, Niasse, Williams, Holgate, all players we’ve loaned out without a hope of them developing or being bought by their loan club, just to get part their wages off the books for a season. We are the worst run club on earth and it’s not a contest.

Good luck to him while on loan and am sure being away from the circus of a club, which we have become, will help him out 😁 another highly rated prospect we ruined with our madness

Bolasie, Gomes, Mirallas, Tosun, Besic, Martina, Gbamin, Walcott, Garbutt, Pennington, Niasse, Williams, Holgate, all players we’ve loaned out without a hope of them developing or being bought by their loan club, just to get part their wages off the books for a season. We are the worst run club on earth and it’s not a contest.
Who was the midfielder that almost everyone was convinced just needed regular games? We must have loaned him 4 or 5 seasons on the spin and he played no more than a handful of games.

Definitely one of those players who gets better in the fans eyes the less he plays for us.