2023/24 Sean Dyche

This experiment is over.

Get rid.

Not expecting to go to villa and get a result, but expect to go to villa be organised and give it a good go.

Since Dyche took over defensively we’ve been terrible, which is the opposite of what I thought we’d be. There’s no game plan apart from stay in the game and hope to nick one off a deflection or something.

The football is dire.

How far we’ve fallen.. Kin Villa and I’m saying I don’t expect to get a result hurts just writing that.

you think tho our board are even thinking of sacking him tho mate? are they ef

….I’m sure he’ll play Branthwaite very soon & then it’ll be up to the youngster to grab his opportunity (I think he will). Dyche has stated he’s very impressed by Branthwaite but in terms of fitness he’s a couple of weeks behind the others. He wont play him for fear of injury risk.

Bit disappointed in Dyche’s post match interview. He accepted Villa were much better in every aspect of the game but I wanted him to be angry and apologise to the away supporters. Dyche’s attitude concerned me a little, overall yesterday concerned me lots.
Losing football matches doesn't seem to hurt him to much.
He seems to quick to move on to the next match before getting to the bottom of what went wrong. He has a calmness about him that borders on arrogance.

Whilst I do think he's taking some steps to improve the balance & fitness of the side, he often bleats on about 'instilling a winning mentality' into the side to 'foster a more positive culture' around the club. Based on yesterday, I think that may well be his biggest challenge yet..

If you ask me, they already looked defeated within minutes of the game starting when they were getting carved open at will. They really didn't look like they fancied a fight & scrap for 90 minutes...

from the first seconds the players didn’t look like
Losing football matches doesn't seem to hurt him to much.
He seems to quick to move on to the next match before getting to the bottom of what went wrong. He has a calmness about him that borders on arrogance.
he’s made up with himself like , you only have to see his prematch press conferences for that

Was massively against the appointment in January. However towards the back end of last season I believe he earned a fair shot but after yesterday I’m really not sure that was as bad as any performance over the last 2 years. The Keane obsession is strange and he talks a good game in regards to mentality but I don’t see anything that replicates his words on the pitch. I could accept the forward issues if we were solid but we look far far from it.

I'm starting to see why his Burnley teams tended to have appalling starts to the season

He hasn't prepared the team for competitive football matches. Despite all the talk about fitness levels, we are miles off the pace.
The whole approach to pre season was just odd for me, it didn't seem enough was all a bit relaxed and in the first 2 games so far we have looked a yard or two short.

I’d be interested in his answer to the question: “At the end of last season, you said huge changes were needed at the club to improve - which of those changes have happened since then? What else needs to be done?”

Think it would be unfair to direct that question at Dyche to be fair. We need an overhaul. Now whether you'd back Dyche to lead a massive squad turnover is another question, but this is why you need a competent Sporting Direct / DOF running things.

The basic set up is there to support the limitations of the players, I get that.

But there seems to be a stiffling of any individual creativity or adaption from the players within it. Are they scared to do anything because they are rock bottom confidence wise or fear Dyche's wrath? Either way Dyche needs to sort that out. The first goal, 2 lines and Diaby picks it up between them and is allowed to carry the ball without those lines breaking rank giving him free reign to control the attack whereas if a CB steps up he's blocked, or a midfielder chases down he's at least put under pressure.

On one hand Dyche has only limited options but that's the hand he's been dealt, cope with it. I truly believe that Sheffield, Luton and Wolves are worse than us. I think that we're on par with Fulham and Forest. We score a goal against those and we get points. We need to be getting points every game against the bottom half teams and shutting up shop against the top teams.

Losing to Fulham was bad, but we created enough to gave won it. The performance yesterday was disgraceful. Get a striker in. Work on the team's confidence, and get back into it.

It's super easy to call for Dyche's head and if he went tomorrow and a better coach came in I would not think it unfair, but he'd be carrying the can for the rat's next of incompetents above him.

So I am backing him and the team. This club has shown itself to be a big club over the last 2 years by its fan base pulling together and putting us over the line. We're going to have to do that again.

Come on Dyche, give us something to get behind. UTFT.

I'm starting to see why his Burnley teams tended to have appalling starts to the season

He hasn't prepared the team for competitive football matches. Despite all the talk about fitness levels, we are miles off the pace.
they looked defeated after about 5 seconds like they weren’t buying into wotever dyche was telling them

I kind of alluded to this the other day when I made a comment about them treating the first four games as an 'extension of pre season'. Dyche very much strikes me as the type of bloke who's decisions & actions are firmly rooted in more 'long term' thinking.

At Burnley he firmly believed that a strong finish was better than a strong start and I think he's trying to apply that here.

I remain a believer but I was tested yesterday.

The oceans of space for Dinge; allowing Villa to play dangerous design plays time and time again from corners;
the lack of width that allowed Digne to bomb up and down all afternoon; the lack of a plan and Keane playing ahead of Brainthwaite.

And for me the most serious; playing Maupay ahead of the new lad from Portugal.

Maupay is a shocker only trumped by the madness of paying Deli Ali 100k a week after 5 Spurs managers had rejected him!