Summer transfer window 2023

No players we sign will guarantee you goals, the nearest you will get to guarantee`d goals is Romelu Lakaku...

Nobody wants him, that is his fault but lets re-ignite that fire where he felt more at home. The way I see it....

Lakaku Wages £200k per week, under £10m for the season.

Money gained by finishing 12th instead of 17th £12m....

It is a no brainer, we are looking at strikers to come in and score 5-7, this guy will get 10-20. If we had Rom against Fulham we would have been top 1 or 2 in the league after the opening day and straight away that gives us confidence instead we are looking at 2 defeats from 2, there is no way we beat Villa.

Wolves and Sheff Utd are massive straight away, if we get 2 points from the next 3 we are bang in trouble.

Oh he wants out mate. He has not a care n the world for what the next owner of Everton will do or the clubs welfare, he just wants gone and gone before the next big cash call comes in from Lang. An MSP stake was all but done, but he went back to 777 - who are trying to do a full take over now - questionable if they can raise the finance but they would be bad for us. Hes constantly going between interested parties trying to get the best deal for himself to mitigate his losses - that the delay, that's his priority and not to get caught holding the parcel when the stadium fund is required. He doesn't care what happens to Everton next.

What that means for us, is he is happy to flog anything that moves to captailise the club without him investing anymore while all this is going on - see Gordon and Kean. I dont think people really have acknowledged or realized this and are putting everything down to FFP - its not.

I believe Bill has Moshiri over a barrel, there is an agreement in place that he has to buy Bills remining shares at a certain price, if Bill sells - he isnt prepared to this, thus Bill exists within the vacuum and continues to have an influence.

Im not at all as optimistic as you mate, i have a real concern about our next owners, funding the ground and the club at the moment and a concern our next owners are gong to be worse then what we have now and that is entirely possible.

I think the club is in one of its most dangerous positions in its history at the moment, and its getting more dangerous by the week. I dont say that lightly or want to be melodramatic but im concerned, i also think that most haven't cottoned on to what really going on and the window is a huge distraction and stuff is being explained away on FFP.
How does bill have moshiri over a barrel? He owns F.All.

No players we sign will guarantee you goals, the nearest you will get to guarantee`d goals is Romelu Lakaku...

Nobody wants him, that is his fault but lets re-ignite that fire where he felt more at home. The way I see it....

It is a no brainer, we are looking at strikers to come in and score 5-7, this guy will get 10-20. If we had Rom against Fulham we would have been top 1 or 2 in the league after the opening day and straight away that gives us confidence instead we are looking at 2 defeats from 2, there is no way we beat Villa.

Wolves and Sheff Utd are massive straight away, if we get 2 points from the next 3 we are bang in trouble.
No we aren't ffs lol the season is 38 games long....

99% of Evertonian's are absolute realists.

But love the odd one or two who wax lyrically over some linked 'forwards'.

'Sure he's only scored 3 goals in 99 appearances, but could be what we need' :dance: :dance: :dance:

I think he wants to sell, but isn't getting the price he wants, and thinks he may get more by waiting. But he has to keep funding the stadium.

Cash is the biggest problem not FFP. And yes, Gordon and Kean went to the stadium.

I don't think BK's position is that strong. His shares don't entitle him to be on the board. If someone bought Moshiri's shares, they could automatically buy Bills at the same price if they wished. There is some suggestion Bill "knows things" and may be leveraging this.

I'm not positive at all. I think MSP would be no better really, and the same with 777. I've been very critical of both.

There are frankly lots of pretty awful outcomes that could happen from this. One is Moshiri sells the stadium, perhaps in exchange for a long term lease agreement, and pockets the cash. He could sell the club and not repay Bell/MSP and leave them to sue the club. There's a few awful outcomes. and I'd rule nothing out from him and Kenwright. I don't think people fully appreciate the selfishness and corruption of both.

So I am in no way optimistic.

The price he wants is the most someone will pay - hes in recoup as much as he can mode now - he will sell to anyone regardless of the welfare of the club.

Cash in the sense of the stadium liability and running the club is our biggest concern.

Bill is the position that he can look for a golden handshake to leave the board and call in his shareholding agreement from Moshiri, or Moshiri can do nothing and leave him there in a position of influence - one is far less expensive then the other.

MSP would be vastly better then 777 if what im told is true mate, i dont believe they have the capital the club require or the acuumum to add value beyond asset appreciation with minimum investment and cost cutting.

Yes all of the above mate, people should be under no illusion Bill and Moshiri priority is not the welfare of the club but how to extract themselves from the club with their own financial interests as a priority. The situation with the Bell and MSP advance is an example of the integrity we are dealing with here.

There is an urgency to all this in my opinion, it is hurting us now, we have a big cash call coming with no certainty and we have an owner and chairman about to sell us down the river for their own financial gain.

Last edited:

Stop the world right now, I wanna get off. There is absolutely no way Lukaku will come back here and there’s absolutely no chance or justification to pay him 200k a week to half arse it

It’s not even a given we lose tomorrow, Villa got torn apart with ease by Newcastle last week, they’re getatable if we attack in any way like we did against Fulham

Sure. I should probably have said “someone like Beto”. My point was that given our deficiency up front if we are allocating 25m to a winger and 12m to the striker then we’d maybe be better allocating up to 30 for the striker then, with Danjuma and Harrison already in, taking a punt on one of the cheaper wing options linked.
I suppose what I mean is it’s only worth doing that if the 30 mil striker is a lot better than the 12 mil one and none of the ones we’ve been linked with seem to be as far as I can tell the only one that’s actually been exciting is ekitike and that’s because of potential not what he could do now so yes if we could be signing Ivan Toney or Ollie Watkins or a class act from abroad then it would make sense but I don’t know if the level of striker we would be getting make that a good idea. I think people have gone a bit OTT about the striker myself I know we need one but it’s not the only thing we need and we have brought in danjuma and chermiti already I don’t think we need to go all in on a big money striker just for the sake of it.

99% of Evertonian's are absolute realists.

But love the odd one or two who wax lyrically over some linked 'forwards'.

'Sure he's only scored 3 goals in 99 appearances, but could be what we need' :dance: :dance: :dance:
For many of those Evertonians though there's a fine between being 'realist' and being hysterical.. lol

Stop the world right now, I wanna get off. There is absolutely no way Lukaku will come back here and there’s absolutely no chance or justification to pay him 200k a week to half arse it

It’s not even a given we lose tomorrow, Villa got torn apart with ease by Newcastle last week, they’re getatable if we attack in any way like we did against Fulham
I couldn`t care less if he walked the whole season if he banged 15 goals....

Still a very good player and has probably alot of what we are missing, how many times do we put a ball in the box and there is no one there. You know who would be there? And you know who would also have the physique to compete in the box....

It`s opinions but he would come back here, and for a season on loan it would more than pay for itself.