Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
so they need him then/ or reinvest

i think they are actually being noobs with us

bet you if someone else bids they accept
They are paying 3 players to train alone and keep away from the squad.
Each of them wants out and is refusing to play.
And now one of them has actually gone as far as handing in a Transfer Request. Who are they actually helping being so smug with all of this,
cos they certainly can't be helping the Aura around the squad/club.

They are now only hurting themselves..

I wouldn't want a player at our club doing that or handing in a Transfer Request, don't care who the are, they can do one..

Time to wake up Leeds, make some money, and hurry up and bring in some players that want to be at your club..

Talk here so far is , they are expecting fresh bid from us within the next 24hrs ..few directors/share holders just want him sold now,..ps they ain't interested in Keane or holgate 😕

Hope this is wrapped up quickly. At least 2 high potential signings then this window.

Everton does not play with wingers since Dyche came in. They are expected to do most of the defensive work full backs does for other teams. They have an average position that is deeper than many wing backs.

If you can't do the defensive job, you don't start. There are reasons for why Iwobi, the teams best player first half of last season, was moved out wide when Dyche came in. When Garner and Iwobi play ahead of Gray, Dobbin has a loong way to go. Dyche will play Mykolenko or Godfrey behind Young oIf we sign Gnonto, he will get most of his matches centrally.n the left before he starts Dobbin.

If we sign Gnonto, he will get most of his matches centrally.

Agree about Gnonto playing central -- rotating and gradually taking over from Doucoure and replacing him next season when Doucoures deal expires.

However, i also expected Garner to play alongside Onana so lets not assume Dyche has suddenly found the ability to play his best players in the correct positions.

Im excited for this signing.

Why shouldn't sign Gnoto cos we have Dobbin could either be a great shout or the worst shout ever.

Tune in over the next 3 years to find out.

I'm starting to think you haven't watched either of them play much at all.

Even as a Dobbin fan, i don't understand how you are saying the things you are saying.

Dobbin isn't as quick, is no where near as strong, isn't as technically gifted. They are not on the same level in terms of talent, and when we get another winger in, He will go out on loan to a lower league club, probably still league 1.

You also keep saying this thing about Gnonto not being able to pass, which i find incredibly confusing, Gnontos interplay is very good, he is good in tight spaces and can absolutely pick small passes in tight areas to create chances, but he's also 19 and with that comes inconsistency.

Gnonto is a full international for a reason, with a massive ceiling, and will be worth a lot of money one day if he gets even close to that ceiling,

Dobbin is quick and can take people on, but isn't at that level yet and not sure he ever will be in terms of PL.

You're entitled to your opinion, but i think youre so way off on this.

We will see where both players are in a few years, but i can almost guarantee you, it wont be Dobbin having the better career. He's older than Gnonto and Gnonto is already better and has achieved more.

We shouldn't sign Gnonto cause we have Dobbin as our 4th best LW already, and do not have 1 single RW in the squad.*

Three quick points:

1: Gnonto has played most games as a support striker / attacking midfielder. If McNeil is on the left and Gnonto is central then we still need that right sided attacker.

2: In the system we use there are 3 attacking positons behind the centre forward -- lets call them:
LW: McNeil
ACM: Doucoure
RW: Iwobi

Now weve also brought in Danjuma and Harrison + have Gray and Dobbin competing for those positions.

In 9months time of all of those 7 players we will be left with only McNeil and Dobbin under contract. I am hoping that Iwobi and Gray are sold and Gnonto comes in which leaves us with 6 players for 3 positions -- allowing a loan for Dobbin to get him up to speed for next season.

That makes more sense for his game time than competing with the others and brings in money.

3: Ive not seen much of either player but from clips its clear both have a sudden burst of speed from a standing start and quick acceleration. Gnonto looks to be a very direct unpredictable player who could bring the XFactor.

If Dyche goes with Garner and Onana centrally with Gnonto ahead of them then thats 3 players who can link and develop together long term. Dobbin goes on loan and then returns to offer a left sided option to compete with McNeil.

Sounds ideal to me. Then next summer we have:

LW: McNeil / Dobbin
ACM: Gnonto / ???
RW: ??? / Mills

So we would require 2 new signings and save a fortune in wages.

In defence of Leeds, or any club for that matter, they have a valid contract that the player signed and are well within their rights to want to keep him

Clubs are always expected to bend over backwards for players, but there's never any expectation on players to fulfil contractual commitments

They feel they can't sell him right now, just like when we felt we couldn't sell Richarlison. He got his head down and played, and then got his move at a later date

Gnonto could easily do the same here, but he's decided to be unprofessional to force his move

You signed the contract. You made a commitment. The club can't afford to lose you at this juncture. Tough taters

Yeah but in the same respect clubs & fans call players who stay for the contacts money grabbers, it’s works both ways but I just think if you handle the situation better you’ll get your move in the end!

I asked joffy to ring him on the way home, unfortunately he wouldn't (kopite for ya)

Was speaking to few share holders who said he was planning on putting in transfer request last week but his agent told him not too,

Joffy was saying it's his only way now to make sure the move happens

Was very interesting to see what goes on in these situations (specially from the players an family hospitality) all the players wives/gf were all saying nice things about him

Joffy looked lost tonight he isn't a ST to be fair an he needs a scan on his shoulder could be 4 weeks out

Ps Leeds are fooking [Poor language removed]

I know where buzzing about him wanting a move to us regardless of how he’s doing it but do t be surprised if he does the same to us in 12-24 months when a bigger club come calling.

Don't think they need to invest that much. They have a good Championship squad and a manager that knows the league. They just need some time to let things settle down and the transfer window to close. Too much noise.

Should be able to spend even if they keep Gnonto. Adams going to Bournemouth for 20 million and they probably hope to get a similar price for Sinisterra.

Their problem is that to attract players they included relegation clauses allowing players to leave for cheap or on loan without the club having a say. Gnonto is one of a few players without such clauses in the contract, so the club need to show the fans that they do everything they can to keep him.

My gut feeling is that this is all about money. Gnonto came in cheap as an 18 year old. When the club price him to 25 million, he wants to be paid as a 25 million player. He was a four million player when he signed his contract.

I will not be surprised if Leeds offer him a new contract with competitive salary and he will be more than happy to stay. What stopping them from doing that now is that they probably have lots of players that have had pay cuts since the relegation.

Everton should have walked away a long time ago. Waste of time and no way getting him signed without paying overprice.

With the euros next summer he needs to be playing in a top league. Especially being the youngest by 4 years in the Italian squad and with a new manager.

I dont think this is only about money for him at this point. He moved out of Italy for games and probably feels he had a taste of the premier league and wants more.

I know where buzzing about him wanting a move to us regardless of how he’s doing it but do t be surprised if he does the same to us in 12-24 months when a bigger club come calling.

I want us to keep Onana but if a bid came in at £100mil+ then...its a tough one and if he then threw in a transfer request it becomes sensible. You show other young players you will allow them to use you as a stepping stone at the right fee.

The Gnonto transfer request will save them £2.5mil so a small increase in our bid should land him.

If we got him for £30mil and received a huge offer in 12months time then, like Onana a transfer request could mean huge profit and reinvestment.

Leeds are being daft when they need to build a winning team.

Status
Not open for further replies.