Transfer Rumour Wilifred Gnonto

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its silly to label these young lads as a Left Winger only.

Hes still learning the game, he could go on to play anywhere.

Im also not somebody who considers players are only able to play 1 side of the pitch as well, sure some players are more effective on 1 side rather than the other, but talented players can switch.
I agree that talented players can switch.

I do not believe Gnonto is one of those. I do not see the potential others do.

Regardless of who on our roster we currently play at RW, none are capable of creating potential goals from the right.

This should impact who we as a club recruit for our squad, and I find it alarming that it does not seem to.

I agree that talented players can switch.

I do not believe Gnonto is one of those. I do not see the potential others do.

Regardless of who on our roster we currently play at RW, none are capable of creating potential goals from the right.

This should impact who we as a club recruit for our squad, and I find it alarming that it does not seem to.
4444444444444.jpg

I wouldnt say he cant, personally.

With a squad of wingers that have a mix of both left footed and right footed players with a mix of different qualities. We will create chances whether that is from the byline or otherwise, particularly if we upgrade iwobi to gnonto and play iwobi centrally.
I will obviously Hope that you are correct.

It defies all logic and reason, and all the evidence screams it won't work, but I will hold on to Hope all the same, because that's Everton isn't it?

I have been wrong before and I will be wrong again.

But I cannot be the only person appalled by our scouting/recruitment.

I genuinely don't understand the excitement over an overpriced footballer in the championship that plays in our least needed position.

Spending £25m on Willy does make me immensely more enthusiastic than similar sums we spent on the likes of Walcott, Iwobi, etc. For one thing, Willy showed productivity in his first PL season and given his age you would still expect progression and improvement. Walcott and Iwobi were already at or near their prime when we bought them, so we paid peak market value for known quantities with little upside. With Willy, there is the hope that we will witness a budding young starlet who will improve us year on year and if/when he departs will make us a profit. From both a football and business perspective it is the type of recruitment that makes sense.

Spending £25m on Willy does make me immensely more enthusiastic than similar sums we spent on the likes of Walcott, Iwobi, etc. For one thing, Willy showed productivity in his first PL season and given his age you would still expect progression and improvement. Walcott and Iwobi were already at or near their prime when we bought them, so we paid peak market value for known quantities with little upside. With Willy, there is the hope that we will witness a budding young starlet who will improve us year on year and if/when he departs will make us a profit. From both a football and business perspective it is the type of recruitment that makes sense.

so far we can’t sign him yet! ffs leeds

I wouldnt say he cant, personally.
1692388045088.png

I did not watch him play in Switzerland.

In the Premier League matches in which I watched him play, he seemed to be a non-factor when switching to the right, and he only attempted to carry the ball inside looking for attempts on goal (ineffectively) much like Iwobi does when playing from the right.

View attachment 223426
I did not watch him play in Switzerland.

In the Premier League matches in which I watched him play, he seemed to be a non-factor when switching to the right, and he only attempted to carry the ball inside looking for attempts on goal (ineffectively) much like Iwobi does when playing from the right.
I honestly have no idea mate.

Disclaimer, he caught the eye in a few games, but I honestly cant say ive watched him.

Status
Not open for further replies.