Transfer Rumour Che Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.
Che Zach Everton Fred Adams will help to keep us in the PL until we move. That’s our goal.
He has scored roughly 1 in 4 playing in teams like Birmingham City and Southampton. When he does this for us it turns some of our draws into wins. If he helps to turn 3 points into 9 points, 4 points into 12 points or 5 points into 15 points he is well worth it.

It’s just a shame we couldn’t get that free loan for a season for Haaland done now (but we did reject giving him a trial when he was still in Norway because he couldn’t head the ball)…
This is not how that works
1 in 4(more like 1 in 5 in PL) means 3/4 games he doesn't score, meaning potential wins are more likely draws and potential draws are more likely losses
His record last year of 5 goals was against the league's worst defences so it is possible he would score his 5 goals in games we've won
He would also be taking the place of a player that might score 1 in 3/4, who can score against better teams and would likely result in more points gained
He's not the answer

Let's give the guy an opportunity though before we tell him he's rubbish Mr Eggs.

Kevin bought Chermiti; a relatively unknown and everyone said what a rubbish signing, surely that was one from the "global game" network; no?

You did not like that one; now it's Adams and you don't like that either.

Haaland and/or Messi won't come here, so you buy what's within your budget.

I'm pretty sure everybody would like a Porsche SUV, but if your budget is five times lower than what it costs, you buy what you can afford.
I don’t like the fact that we’ve given up 6 points because the most inevitable signing has been left until the very end yet again. And now we’ve got Maupay and Adams in the squad - one of whom will just be another drain on wages

Being honest it was always going to be him, daka or iheanacho. After we signed chermiti we weren’t going to sign another young striker from abroad i.e ekitike, as the word always was an experienced striker as back up to DCL. And in terms of the style of forward, Adams was always better suited to dyche’s system than daka or iheanacho.

We didn't get £8m for Simms, we got £5m (if you include add one - only £3m guaranteed) plus £3m if Coventry are promoted. We also aren't guaranteed to sign Adams for £12m it may well be more, they haven't been selling cheap this summer.
Depends how the deal is structured. It won't be £12m upfront. Coventry are nailed on for promotion according to a Lad I work with and a fella I chat to when dog walking. Both season ticket holders. Nailed on they tell me.

On this basis I stand by my statement.

Can see the logic in signing him as he fills the gap between the baby from Portugal and sick note, more than Maupay does. Reckon he will get more game time than sick note unfortunately.

Being honest it was always going to be him, daka or iheanacho. After we signed chermiti we weren’t going to sign another young striker from abroad i.e ekitike, as the word always was an experienced striker as back up to DCL. And in terms of the style of forward, Adams was always better suited to dyche’s system than daka or iheanacho.
Who is so much better than him at everything except running around a lot more than is necessary
What makes you say that? Adams is no better at holding the ball up than Iheanacho

Status
Not open for further replies.