Summer transfer window 2023

But concerning how a number of teams we compete against for players are coming into Money. Fulham with Mitro sale, Forest selling Brennan Johnson, Villa getting good money for an academy player
I know people like being negative about everything but surely potential rivals losing their best players would traditionally be seen as a good thing not a bad one everyone seems to have gone a bit mad.

Issue I have with the pursuit of Gnoto is that he has allegedly refused to train and travel with the team etc . I appreciate that he is a good player and his ceiling is high but are we looking at a similar situation in 2/3 years when he wants to move from us ?

I know people like being negative about everything but surely potential rivals losing their best players would traditionally be seen as a good thing not a bad one everyone seems to have gone a bit mad.
Not if they are receiving good sums for their players, we are absolutely desperate for players, and don't have a pot to pee in and they can then come for the players we have been courting all summer. Very different situation.

Last edited:

Issue I have with the pursuit of Gnoto is that he has allegedly refused to train and travel with the team etc . I appreciate that he is a good player and his ceiling is high but are we looking at a similar situation in 2/3 years when he wants to move from us ?
Then we make money from it. Leeds' chances of keeping him or getting the money they want have been made harder by their dropping a division. Hopefully, signing a player of Gnonto's talent should help ensure that that never happens to us.

The two concerns with Gnonto currently are there are other teams in better situations sniffing around currently, Tottenham for example & I think Palace will be after a winger after losing Olise. The other concern is with McNeil and Harrison going to be out for a few weeks, our attacking options are still very limited. I think Everton need to act quick on this, there are games to be played and we are currently looking like Iwobi will be starting a lot of games as a winger which nobody truly wants

The two concerns with Gnonto currently are there are other teams in better situations sniffing around currently, Tottenham for example & I think Palace will be after a winger after losing Olise. The other concern is with McNeil and Harrison going to be out for a few weeks, our attacking options are still very limited. I think Everton need to act quick on this, there are games to be played and we are currently looking like Iwobi will be starting a lot of games as a winger which nobody truly wants
‘Everton need to act quick on this’

Everton have two paces - static and glacial.