New Everton Stadium Discussion

@chicoazul might have some input into this.
Sounds as if you're taking the mick about his age? Ask him what the first game at Goodison was like. Come to think of it, I wonder when the last Evertonian who remembered us playing at Anfield died? Could have been as late as the late 70's/ early 80's which is nuts. Would have loved to have had a chat with them about it as a young man.

Anybody have any family anecdotes passed down the line relating to so long ago in our history? I know my grandad went missing on the razzle in London for a week after the 33 cup final with his pals from the Great War. Might be worth a thread to see if any similar tales from the early 20th century or even earlier have been passed on orally.

Sounds as if you're taking the mick about his age? Ask him what the first game at Goodison was like. Come to think of it, I wonder when the last Evertonian who remembered us playing at Anfield died? Could have been as late as the late 70's/ early 80's which is nuts. Would have loved to have had a chat with them about it as a young man.

Anybody have any family anecdotes passed down the line relating to so long ago in our history? I know my grandad went missing on the razzle in London for a week after the 33 cup final with his pals from the Great War. Might be worth a thread to see if any similar tales from the early 20th century or even earlier have been passed on orally.
Great Idea, would be some great tales to tell!

My Grandad, allegedly, travelled with the players in 1933, by whatever means they took, we have a fully signed Matchday Ticket, on permanent loan to the club that he had the foresight to get, sadly he left us in 1976 and I was only 9 so have no other source or anecdotes from him on this event which is sad in itself. I feel he would be very sad at what is happening to our Club currently, Stadium aside.

I always go past my Grandparents house in Kirkdale when I'm up in Our Great City. Always give him a nod when I go the match as he is in Anfield Cemetery.

Sure there must be one or two still with us from that Era?

In the mid 1990s I met a 95 yr old blue who had been attending matches since before WW1. Only spent an hr or so in his company, but his memory was clear as bell..... and he could still shift the Guinness.

According to family stories, my great Grandfather (born 1872) watched Everton while at Anfield, then followed his team to Goodison Park, never to set foot in Anfield again. Surprised he had the time as he had 16 kids. He died in the 1940s.

My dad was an apprentice with Mortons of Garston building the Bullens Rd stand in the mid 1920s, after which all the apprentices were laid off. He then sat and stood in it for the next 6 decades till he died in 1985. He was a docker for the rest of his working life, worked on every dock including Bramley Moore (apart from a brief interlude 1939-45). He'll have a commemorative tile there.

Aiming to get down there before the match on Saturday. I haven't been up-close since the end of October. Just been looking at pictures from then, and I'm shocked how incomplete it looked. It's changed so much in 9 months.

Screenshot-2023-08-03-at-10.37.26.jpg

Peel Ports were supposed to be renovating the dockers clock (Victoria Tower) years ago, it’s disgraceful that they’ve allowed it to fall into that condition.

EFC should nab it, do it up and have it floodlit in royal blue. Would hardly cost anything and would look great.

On another note, looking at the latest videos which are all superb (thanks for posting). Does anybody know if any of the roof of the north stand is finished ie no more layers to be put on or not? Thanks.