Summer transfer window 2023

He scored loads of headers, he had a lot of faults but his ability in the air was definitely a strength.

…not sure Osman had ‘lots of faults’. i watched the Academy for many years & only Rooney was better. Osman was a little maestro, not forgetting he was in an FA Youth cup winning team (Rooney also did incredibly well to come runner-up).

if Osman had a ‘fault’, it was making the incredibly difficult look incredibly easy. You need to watch him closely to appreciate the quality.

Anyway, be good if we could sign somebody of that quality.

…not sure Osman had ‘lots of faults’. i watched the Academy for many years & only Rooney was better. Osman was a little maestro, not forgetting he was in an FA Youth cup winning team (Rooney also did incredibly well to come runner-up).

if Osman had a ‘fault’, it was making the incredibly difficult look incredibly easy. You need to watch him closely to appreciate the quality.

Are you trying to tell me Osman didn’t have glaring weaknesses in his game? He was technically very good but physically very limited. Tearing up the youth teams means nothing, you’re playing against children. Osman was a perfectly adequate Premier League squad player for us. We don’t need to pretend he was anything more.

Didn't Toffeenut say "Gift Orban"?
Led me to think of a Hungarian. Victor Orban is the Prime Minister of Hungary.
It's Zoltan Gera!

Edit: Best Cluedo guess I can come up with is Roland Sallai. Plays for Freiburg. Freiburg = free as in "Gift"

Not a particularly impressive scoring record. Check. West Ham supposedly interested in him last year and Lazio this. 17 goals in 126 games for Freiburg.

Clearly I need to get out more.

Last edited:
Are you trying to tell me Osman didn’t have glaring weaknesses in his game? He was technically very good but physically very limited. Tearing up the youth teams means nothing, you’re playing against children. Osman was a perfectly adequate Premier League squad player for us. We don’t need to pretend he was anything more.

…here you go, fella. Available on Amazon for you;

IMG_4368.jpeg

If he was so good, why did he never score more than 6 Premier League goals a season for us?

What we would give for an Osman now, but he was an average Premier League player, theres no need to rewrite history and suggest he was Xavi.

You just don’t get it man, do you even watch the youth team?? I am a pro scout (in my dreams)

Anyway, be good if we could sign somebody of that quality.

Could always see it in Europe particularly mate. ;)

2m ago 20:53

Danjuma set to complete Everton move​

Arnaut Danjuma has undergone his medical at Everton.
The winger is expected to complete his move to Goodison Park in the next 24 hours