Edson Buddle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kay20;1066263 Wonder goal from Germany: [video=youtube;7Su8JUPJCWc said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Su8JUPJCWc[/video]

:lol: He slipped as he was shooting AND it took a massive deflection off the defender!

The MLS one was great though - reminded me of a particular goal by a certain G. Sharp.

Can't do any harm to give him a trial.

If he's decent we sign him.

If he's crap we don't.

Whadda problem?

Can't do any harm to give him a trial.

If he's decent we sign him.

If he's crap we don't.

Whadda problem?

Exactly. It's the right approach. As for worries he'll cost too much, he will be cheap. He was earning < $150K per year in MLS (annually), and in Germany I think it was $650K or something like that? He'll want playing time, so he'll be willing to earn not as much. As for a transfer fee, if they are willing to give since they are striker loaded, he shouldn't cost much there either.

This sounds a bit desperate. In fact, it sounds like Donovan's agent's calling the shots: "You want Landon? You have to take Edson too. My other asset needs exposure."

He's also Tim Howard's agent. I think it's more that he has a great relationship with Moyes (he attended a game with Moyes and Moyes Sr. last year), and he tossed Edson out as an option.

That's being a good agent.

Yes: Richard Montzkin: For those asking, my client @EdsonBuddle will be on trial this week at Everton FC. Nice call by @MLS_Analyst .

MLSAnalyst had been saying it couldn't hurt Everton to take a look cause their other option is Saha right now.

Cheers lad, better than no one!

Every next player we're linked with depresses me more than the last one, I've said it before and I'll say it again , whilst probably getting stick from some of our Fellow American Toffee's the only player good enough for Everton out of that league that I've seen is one we have on loan for 8 weeks , this Buddle is woeful wouldn't have an impact at a championship club IMO, yes we have one of the worst forward lines in the premier league but let's not add to it with more ****e please

Every next player we're linked with depresses me more than the last one, I've said it before and I'll say it again , whilst probably getting stick from some of our Fellow American Toffee's the only player good enough for Everton out of that league that I've seen is one we have on loan for 8 weeks , this Buddle is woeful wouldn't have an impact at a championship club IMO, yes we have one of the worst forward lines in the premier league but let's not add to it with more ****e please

He did just fine and had a great impact at a Championship Level club called the LA Galaxy, that's not my worry. It's whether he has the pace and quick thinking to adapt to the speed of our play. He hasn't looked completely overwhelmed in international play, so that's a good start.

Dempsey, Holden and several others from that league are good enough to play in the prem. Let's let the guy have his trial and see how he does. No harm, no foul.

He did just fine and had a great impact at a Championship Level club called the LA Galaxy, that's not my worry. It's whether he has the pace and quick thinking to adapt to the speed of our play. He hasn't looked completely overwhelmed in international play, so that's a good start.

Dempsey, Holden and several others from that league are good enough to play in the prem. Let's let the guy have his trial and see how he does. No harm, no foul.

Can he slow down to 1mph?

Status
Not open for further replies.