2022/23 Dele Alli

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we have to put it in the context of whether Everton needs to be "the people's club" or not, because that label seems to be an albatross sometimes. I'd rather not consider that at all.

It's simply a matter of valuing the human being. Dyche has a way of doing that while still imparting discipline and demanding performance.

We've already seen Dyche immensely improve the on-pitch performance of McNeil and Doucoure, both of whom were seeing their careers circle the drain under Lampard. It was clear that their mental states were a little fragile. Dele's is a much more difficult situation but he's also shown himself capable of heights that most footballers can't attain.

Being fully supportive of him as a man and giving him the chance to come back will serve the club in multiple ways, including by reputation among other players. Call it doing well by doing good.
i think we're on the same page here. you formulated it a lot more elegantly than i have. i just want my club to be just a tad above the usual business ethics and care about the players as human beings

to all the people thinking we should just get rid of him since we paid him to do nothing...

are we the people's club or are we just another soulless corporate shell of a football club seeking success no matter the means?

don't get me wrong, i hate to see everton lose. but we need this club to stick to some of the values that make it so great no matter what happens on the pitch. we should give him the chance to re-discover his footing. and even risk some losses.
Yeah s0d it, let’s give a pay rise to everyone who’s underperformed for us. If we hire Rafael, maybe he’ll talk Shandy van der Meyde into signing again. Koff

They're a product like anything else. They're made somewhere, stored somewhere, transported somewhere and ultimately stocked and sold somewhere. There's multiple ways for them to find their way into an illicit supply chain.

Tighter regulation around access has never really been an answer to dependency and addiction. Humans are incredibly creative problem solvers when a need arises.

And available by prescription in the make up we’re talking about. Anything else is boosted, but again your looking at pharma and regulation in that alternate scenario, simple supply chain stuff, like we see with vaccines.

Wouldn't agree there, over regulation sometimes makes things binary, but I wouldn’t agree regulation of any prescription drugs hasn’t influenced or avoided dependency, it has in my opinion.

Curious and unanswerable, does Dele become a dependent on sleeping tablets without being prescribed by a club Doctor, was he having trouble sleeping….didnt sound like it. The issue as relates is more multifaceted then just access, which was the point I was making tbh.

Last edited:
I'm the first to admit I'm horrible and will laugh and poke fun of pretty much anything.
My place in hell is already reserved as a consequence.

How anyone joke about child abuse is beyond even my scope.

Hope he gets banned.
He brings nothing to the forum as a whole, never has.
WTAF Is going on mate................ without me reading back xxx

And available by prescription in the make up we’re talking about. Anything else is boosted, but again your looking at pharma and regulation in that alternate scenario, simple supply chain stuff, like we see with vaccines.

Wouldn't agree there, over regulation sometimes makes things binary, but I wouldn’t agree regulation of any prescription drugs hasn’t influenced or avoided dependency, it has in my opinion.
If someones masking trauma and or pain with an addictive substance then they'll find a way. Tighten regulation around one thing and there's always something else to abuse while those with a legitimate requirement are left jumping through more hoops that ultimately don't solve the root of the issue.

I'm not saying don't regulate things but you can't regulate away addiction and substance abuse.

Who knows. Pretty sure everyone in football must have known about it.
He says in the interview he put a front on, laughed and joked in training. He says the likes of Dier & Kane has words with him about his lifestyle but more to do with the partying rep he had. He contacted the people he was still close to at Spurs before he checked into rehab to let them know what was going on so the darker details of his childhood and subsequent issues can't have been too common knowledge.

If someones masking trauma and or pain with an addictive substance then they'll find a way. Tighten regulation around one thing and there's always something else to abuse while those with a legitimate requirement are left jumping through more hoops that ultimately don't solve the root of the issue.

I'm not saying don't regulate things but you can't regulate away addiction and substance abuse.

But many people hide pain and trauma with an addictive substance and don’t become dependent. Everyone masks trauma to a degree. I suppose it’s wolf and sheep’s clothing. Many would consider sleeping tablets as run of the mill and harmless, can get them in an hour, or give them out like sweets - the risks to attitude aren’t congruent, so does it need to tightened sure probably - that’s the reason Dele partly did his interview isn’t it to raise awareness of the risks.

Again beyond the binary above. Questions remain in terms of good clinical practice. Was he prescribed these tablets, because he was having trouble sleeping - or are they dished out so clubs make sure players sleep as a matter of course - they are two different things. Are players aware of the risks. What age does it start…What else are players prescribed.

Clearly can see this system in Dele case was influential.

Most employers do not have club/company doctors do they?

Plenty of ways to get prescription drugs without an actual script.
You are missing the point. Most companies don’t have appointed doctors. Which certainly means you aren’t given drugs to help your company. For them to do so is wrong. He says he was given these tablets by his company doctors.

Although it's something like 7 more games before we need to pay £10m, it's actually 27 more games we can get from him for that £10m, before another 10 is due (if I understand the subsequent payment terms?)

That's pretty much a full season for 10m (give or take, being rested/knocks/suspensions etc), which if he rediscovers form, fitness and health, doesn't seem that bad value really.

Although it's something like 7 more games before we need to pay £10m, it's actually 27 more games we can get from him for that £10m, before another 10 is due (if I understand the subsequent payment terms?)

That's pretty much a full season for 10m (give or take, being rested/knocks/suspensions etc), which if he rediscovers form, fitness and health, doesn't seem that bad value really.
And if he doesn't change a bit in what we've seen in him, Form/Ability/Attitude. with the state of the club at the moment, and the wages we are already paying him, you think taking that risk and paying Spurs would be a good move by the club. ( Money that could go towards a new signing )

Status
Not open for further replies.