2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Be very surprised if he gets the sack. MSP were reported to be impressed by him. I think its about time he did an interview about his vision for the club and what his responsibilites are. IMO he has no major say about financial sise of contracts etc. Thats Chairman Bills speciality. His Dele Alli contract will go down in history

I just don't understand why we don't hear anything from him, or from anyone at the club about our strategy. Why are they afraid of telling us a story about how we are working, and asking us to buy into that strategy / or understand the challenges they are going through?

We're not asking him to tell us who is on his shortlist, or which deals worked, or 'I am working on bringing Richy back to play alongside Lukaku, with James in behind them' - just tell us about strategy, and what you are hoping to do. We just want an idea of the direction we are going in

Some ideas:

- Finances are difficult at the moment, and it is hard to find players at the budget that we can afford, especially when there are clubs around us who have state-funded sponsors or owners, and much bigger budgets with the prospects of playing in Europe. However, we are working hard to be smart in the transfer market, and together with our excellent academy prospects and current squad we are going to build a team that has good young players, with some experienced leaders. In the transfer market we are looking for X,Y,Z type players. We are working on transfers that have a short-term immediate impact / long-term impact that build etc etc etc...

i remember when Arsenal fans were frustrated between 2006-16 approx because they had to pay for the new stadium and Wenger always said something like 'we have to build on young players and smaller transfer fees and work towards long-term financial sustanability'. Look at them dropping £200m in the transfer window now. Of course Arsenal are operating on a much bigger scale than us, with that stadium and being in London etc, but it is possible to tell the fans about your long-term vision.

Be very surprised if he gets the sack. MSP were reported to be impressed by him. I think its about time he did an interview about his vision for the club and what his responsibilites are. IMO he has no major say about financial sise of contracts etc. Thats Chairman Bills speciality. His Dele Alli contract will go down in history

….i’m not in the least surprised MSP might have been impressed by him, Thelwell talks like a politician. He will impress at interview unless Football people ask the right questions. He’ll sound fantastic delivering his vision for the club but words are meaningless.

He should be interrogated about what he’s done not asked what he’s going to do. I’d want root and branch evidence from him of his transfer dealings. I’d want to know his record of bringing in footballers that meet a playing strategy. I’d want to know his knowledge and his contacts in the global market.

A ‘vision for the future’ will be more hyperbole & something I’d not be in the least interested about. MSP need to get football people to interview him to determine if he’s a football person. He describes himself as a ‘line manager’, ffs.

….i’m not in the least surprised MSP might have been impressed by him, Thelwell talks like a politician. He will impress at interview unless Football people ask the right questions. He’ll sound fantastic delivering his vision for the club but words are meaningless.

He should be interrogated about what he’s done not asked what he’s going to do. I’d want root and branch evidence from him of his transfer dealings. I’d want to know his record of bringing in footballers that meet a playing strategy. I’d want to know his knowledge and his contacts in the global market.

A ‘vision for the future’ will be more hyperbole & something I’d not be in the least interested about. MSP need to get football people to interview him to determine if he’s a football person. He describes himself as a ‘line manager’, ffs.

Lets see how he does with a little cash to float about.

Tarkowski, Onana, Garner and McNeil are very good signings.

If he brings in 4 more on that level this window i think he deserves to be praised.

Status
Not open for further replies.