Transfer Rumour Ashley Young

Status
Not open for further replies.
If true, Fabian Delph and Yerry Mina sailed through theirs.

It’s all about the wages/signing on fee we are offering a 38 year old. Everton are in a mess because they throw insane weekly money at average/poor players at least double what they would get anywhere else as an incentive to join the horror show of a club, which in turn make any future potential sale from the club, nigh on impossible.

Our wages to turnover ratio is diabolical, it’s why we‘ve had the Premier league standing on our throat for the last 2 and a bit seasons. Now, couple this issue with when we pay big transfer fees/signing on fees and we don’t sell those players on for anything and it’s pure cost to the club. it’s a vicious circle of financial, contractual and footballing incompetence.

Ashley Young will be the pure embodiment of everything wrong with the club. High wages, lucrative signing on fee and absolutely £0 selling on fees. He is ALL cost for one season at most, no forethought for the future while pinning hopes of not getting injured on a man so ancient he’s got wrinkles in his forehead older than the 2 fullbacks he will cover. The fact that we have let one of the most promising defenders in the country go to Chelsea for less than what this fella will cost for 1 season is why there is rightly fume.
It's fair to assume we are going to be in the bottom 6-8 for the majority of the season. Not the ideal situation to blood an obviously talented youngster with not a game in the Prem. More pragmatic to sign an old head for a season. Like you I'm far from thrilled but staying in the Prem is so vital that whatever makes it work is worthwhile. Oh and I wasn't talking about the standard medical. More a thorough stress fitness check

If they genuinely have interest in him, the club and it’s supporters may as well pack it in and just give the whole football and fandom thing up.

*if true* The club have absolutely nothing about them, nothing at all and they deserve everything they’ve gotten for the past 40 odd years.

I was prepared to believe that the club was about to undergo systemic change, getting rid of part of the Board seemed to indicate the MSP were taking a hand in the decision making process within the Club. Then Moshiri came out and said Bill Kenwright was staying on in the interim, I thought this was a retrograde move but provided it was an interim move I was prepared to buy it. Now we appear to be about to pull the most Everton thing ever, my only hope is that Young will turn us down on the grounds that we can’t match his ambition at this critical stage in his career.
This club cannot begin to heal until both Morshiri and Kenwright are bad memories.

If it was done it would’ve been in the media he’s waffling
well done is maybe premature, but you have to hand it to him that he mentioned Young a day before other media mentioned it.
very likely Young verbally agreed and they are working out details & contracts etc. regardless i think this is a go er

…..if it comes off, I’m quite ambivalent to it. More concerned about striker situation.
This, really.

As has been stated a few times in this thread, in and of itself it’s a “meh” signing. Potentially even quite useful; it’s where we end up at the end of the window that’s gonna tell us how much of a nightmare we’re in for again this season.

We can whinge and moan all we like about not getting business done quickly, but look who HAS been active in the market:

- Rich clubs
- Well run clubs
- Clubs with a clear transfer policy

We’re very, very, very far from being any of those things. We need to pinch every penny we can and that a) whittles our options right down and b) adds time to any and every deal done.

Cause they are stupid. Properly low IQ individuals.

It’s simply delusion for me. Their love of the club blinds them to reality, they operate on emotions rather than logic. I wish I was more like that in a way, are you ever truly let down if you’re blindly optimistic to the point of ignoring real life?

Status
Not open for further replies.