2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can be a world beater potential wise but if you lack the mentality or the football IQ in all likelihood you won’t make it. That is my concern with him. You can be talented and naturally skillful and still be complete crap.

….don’t think he hasn’t made it. I know money isn’t everything but he’s had a couple of professional contracts at Everton & will get more wherever he goes.

Ellis Simms has ‘made it’.

….don’t think he hasn’t made it. I know money isn’t everything but he’s had a couple of professional contracts at Everton & will get more wherever he goes.

Depends on your definition, something like 1 top flight goal? I would beg to differ

Semantics. Not disagreeing with you but that’s not the point. I’m saying he hasn’t shown enough to make me confident that he is in our future plans.

My problem with Simms is he doesn’t seem to know what he should be doing. He makes nice plays here and there when he actually gets the ball but his movement is not ideal for a forward. He just seems lost.

Isn't this on the Manager to sort out? Junior player making the odd start.

Not saying Simms is blameless but has he been coached correctly?

Given our shortage of strikers it seems like Dyche doesn't rate Simms and trusts our skilled negotiators to get maximum value for him. So £2m plus add-ons it is then .

Has been removed from the squad page on the Everton site so I'm assuming a move has been agreed.
Not true
CB0F0F1D-060A-4B85-9C71-D4CC9269DDC1.png

Potentially another one not managed correctly went to Scotland scored a few goals same in the championship should of stayed there would of been interesting to see how many goals he would of finished on then another loan this season coming top end of championship again or potentially a loan to Luton or a PSV might of showed us where he’s actually at hasn’t had a proper chance if we get £7m that’s not bad but bit annoying he didn’t get more minutes after that chelsea goal and we had to suffer seeing maupay come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.