2022/23 Demarai Gray

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not true he didn’t score. Playing doucoure off the striker and bringing Mina back. Two much bigger reasons we stayed up.

Dyche isn’t stupid, we’re a relegation fodder squad. Every player will have a price and 90% of them won’t be a loss
We didn't bring Mina back til the end and were already playing Doucs off our strikers, when he brought Gray back in as a forward, a position that he doesn't play, we picked up the points that saved us.

I’m taking as a down payment. Gray will be all profit and we could buy someone for 30mil Onana was 33mil and I’d wager we didn’t put more than 10 down.

Exactly.

You spend far to much time on FIFA/Football Manager preparing yourself for transfer Windows m8
You need to get out a bit and actually try playing the game..

That must be why FFP are looking into us then.

It must be nice to not understand football.

And if dyche hadn't finally changed his mind and gone with Gray over Maupay/Simms we would be having this discussion while our club sat in the Championship.

That’s not true he didn’t score. Playing doucoure off the striker and bringing Mina back. Two much bigger reasons we stayed up.

Dyche isn’t stupid, we’re a relegation fodder squad. Every player will have a price and 90% of them won’t be a loss

We didn't bring Mina back til the end and were already playing Doucs off our strikers, when he brought Gray back in as a forward, a position that he doesn't play, we picked up the points that saved us.

Are we reimagining Gray as being effective?

Sell.

M8 I've played football my whole life, I know more about the real game not the computer game then you will ever understand.
I just don't need to shout about it every day like I need to prove something !!!!

Football fan on football forum plays football shocker...

...im sure someone will give you an award lol

Football fan on football forum plays football shocker...

...im sure someone will give you an award lol
I doubt you do or have!!

You spend all your time revising Football Manager so you can sound clever and shout your mouth off whenever a name or position gets mentioned..

The Bournemouth game was grays first start in 6 matches. His last game as striker was the 3-1 loss at home to Fulham. Let’s not pretend he had a massive hand in us staying up.

Ive done plenty of moaning about Gray on here, from ignoring overlapping runners, doing Hollywood shots which he hits the target in about 1 in 20, and absolutely slowing the play down.

How is it someone so rapid gets the ball on a break and stands on it and waits for their defence to get back in shape.

The only things he offers is a once in a blue moon worldy and pace, which he unfortunately doesn't use to his advantage.

A threat yes, but by sheer book value and what he cost, anything we got on him would be a Nice profit and go a long way to enable us more wiggle room.

Do I trust the club to bring in someone with better attributes, no, which is the only quandary in my eyes.

He is an talented player who has made a career of not being to put it all together.

Is this the Iwobi option?

Hope we sell both.

I'm not against the idea of selling both, but I doubt we will as that would leave us needing to sign at least another two wide players and we have difficult getting any deals over the line at the best of times

In a choice between selling Gray or Iwobi, I'd sell Gray every single time. Gray contributes a worldie now and again, but otherwise he's hugely predictable and not particularly effective. Iwobi has his faults too, but he is one of the more creative players we have, so I could live with keeping him for now.

I'm not against the idea of selling both, but I doubt we will as that would leave us needing to sign at least another two wide players and we have difficult getting any deals over the line at the best of times

In a choice between selling Gray or Iwobi, I'd sell Gray every single time. Gray contributes a worldie now and again, but otherwise he's hugely predictable and not particularly effective. Iwobi has his faults too, but he is one of the more creative players we have, so I could live with keeping him for now.

Iwobi does have a year left on his deal and to sell both + sign a far superior replacement and get Mills into the squad makes sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.