2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any suggestions as to who should have the job?
What's the point when we won't do it, for one, and for another - stabilising is supposedly Dyche's forte, so we're supposedly gonna be boss from next month on, midtable and, apparently, fighting for Europe/higher top 10 finish.

As I've said 9999999999 times - I'd love to be vaulted and be wrong, but it's Dyche and this won't happen.

We’ll see won’t we. You can’t just claim he’s definitely going to do something when he hadn’t done it yet as absolute fact.

Also lol at Holgate being a journeyman, he’s had two permanent clubs in his entire career and is 26

Godfrey is 25 and has had two professional clubs since leaving the youth team at York.

Journeymen…
It's what they'll always be as they're not good enough as a mainstay - absolute PL journeymen.

E: it will happen, as it's Sean Dyche. As above - I'd love to be surprised, but it's imagination to the max with that.

Soz he's spent 10 years up and down with Burnley doing the same things over and over mate. He's the definition of a known quantity.

I'll immediately forget all of it, you're right, he'll be boss with us.
I'm not saying he'll be 'boss' - I'm just suggesting that, with some better players, I'm confident that he'll prove to be the safe pair of hands that we need for the short-to-medium term.

I'm not saying he'll be 'boss' - I'm just suggesting that, with some better players, I'm confident that he'll prove to be the safe pair of hands that we need for the short-to-medium term.
My worry is that better players to him are vastly different to what we should be looking at getting - he's a man that has constantly reiterated "experience" being more important, he's known for certain traits (hardarse, 4-4-2, long ball brexit football, playing older players) that I have doubt have changed miraculously.

Fully expect some utter crap. People ignoring his track record and transfers at Burnley (and thinking we're in a fantastic position compared to Burnley, what with being nearly relegated a few times in a row now) and how he's equally as big a reason for them yoyoing is worrying, we all did the same for Lampard, is all.

We won't fire him, why should I have? I don't want us to fire him too - people are just going overboard and it's very Frank Lampardian right now.
Im no fan of dyche and not of the opinion that’s he’s performed a miracle keeping us up or is an exceptional manager, just a few of the takes I heard.

But he did a good job to be fair, under the circumstances and he has a style and got the players on board quite quickly.

The issue I have is he picking the players we buy, I just think he has a certain type and when he does leave we will be stuck with them and then do we appoint another dyche style manager. Because long term it’s not the answer. And I think the fans will get very bored very quickly of the style and teams like Bournemouth turning up at goodison and having 63% possession or when Brentford had 80% in the 2nd half. Or Fulham playing us off the park.

In a relegation fight common sense does go out the window, but when we’re 14th, will we be happy with no subs, throwing Keane on at right back or a centre back on when we need a goal.

I just look at villa appointing Emery and I get the shouts that villa have a better squad and are in a different place to us and he wouldn’t have joined us. And we need two seasons of finishing 14th. Maybe That’s what we do need, but I can’t have it.

I see Brighton and Brentford and even Fulham and how they play the game and we have hired a guy stuck in the 90’s.

Last edited:

There never is. Can’t put a name out there in case they go the way of all their recent ‘we should have gone for…’ shouts

Rodgers, Lage, Nuno, Bielsa, Potter, Marsh, Hasenhuttl,
Rodger’s and potter Both better managers for the modern game. I think potter will be a great manager. Bielsa is also a better manager, but not really a long term manager, neither is dyche imo but for different reasons

Rodger’s and potter Both better managers for the modern game. I think potter will be a great manager. Bielsa is also a better manager, but not really a long term manager, neither is dyche imo but for different reasons
So you think another ex RS manager would galvanised the fan base?

It’s about getting the right manager at the right time. Rodgers and Potter are decent managers but the key difference is just having a manager who might like to pass the ball a bit is not going to magically make up for the fact our squad is utter rubbish.

Give a good manager good players and you’ll have a good team. Some Evertonians seem to want this mythical manager who had reinvented football and will get players who can’t pass a ball accurately five yards and turn them into a CL team. He doesn’t exist and it isn’t happening. If he did exist it’s certainly not any of the names they’ve been putting forward recently.

De Zerbi, the latest football genius, had a squad with Caicedo Trossard Mitoma Ferguson, McCallister, March, Enciso etc. he did amazingly with them and they finished 6th behind a Liverpool team having their worst season in years, and the top 4 full of the usual powerhouses plus Newcastle who have spent far more than them for far longer.

Now of course being 6th is better than being 17th but there’s a very good manager with very good players and he’s still not got them in the top 4. Docuoure Coleman Keane et al are not going to be carrying out any football visionary’s passing vision any time soon.

We need far better players and then we’ll play better football rather than always pining for the latest funky manager

I was pointing out better managers than dyche on that list. And having a connection with the fan base only lasts so long as we’ve seen countless times down the years
Think Rodgers might be aware of the posts on here about his missus and Potter wouldn't touch us with a bargepole.We have to be realistic and Dyche although he wouldn't have been in my top ten of choices should be able to average 1.5 points a game over a full season even with what we have if they all stayed fit. He addressed the issues over fitness levels and training injuries as soon as he took over. Which were Lampards main failings.

Status
Not open for further replies.