Summer transfer window 2023

Southampton did this with Lavia. They’re now looking at more than doubling their money on him after one season.
I’d happily include a buy back clause as long as it returns a decent profit. There must be a few young players struggling to break into the likes of the City and Chelsea teams due to the size (and quality) of their squads who would improve us.

Buy back clauses should be banned.

Fredrikstad currently sit top of the league with just 8 goals scored (the least in the division) in 10 games. I know the Premier League is a different animal altogether but we don't need to win every game 3/4-0 to be effective. Obviously, it's not as entertaining that way but yeah...
I wonder what are record is for 1-0 wins. Not saying Dyche couldn’t do it. The big issue is giving up possession. Bournemouth had 62% Sunday. When we were 1-0’v Brentford they 80% 2nd half. That’s not a long term strategy for success for me.

And I’m not convinced after 2 or 3 transfer windows anything will change. Dyche has his style and I’m not sure he will ever change. How long the fans will put up gettting dominated at home every week is another thing

Supposed that Dyche is still in charge. We will only need a squad with 24+3 players(from youth team). Thus, I will build the team as below:

GK: Pickford/Begovic/New
CB: Braithwaite/Tarko/Godfrey/New
RB: Coleman/Patterson
LB: Myko/New
CM: Gueye/Gardner/New/New
RM: Iwobi/New
LM: Gray/Mcneil
AM: Douc/New
ST: DCL/Simms or Cannon/ New

Sell or release: Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Maupay, Gbmain, Davis, Coady, Mina, Onana,Townsend, Alli, Virnage

If you look at the list of sell or release, it is quite worried that we keep some deadwoods for a ling time. If we really can release or sell them, we will have a big room to recruit the players.

We need a third choice of GK and persuade Begovic to stay a year more. In CB, if we can free out that spaces of wages, I would prefer to give contract extension around 2-3 years to Mina. I am very doubt Braithwaith is good to start at the beginning of season. If Mina doesnt stay, I would like to pay the buy-clause to keep Coady. However, I dont think Coady and Tarko can set up a good pairing. They are too slow for me…
In Rb, we just need to give a year contract extension to coleman and prepare to buy another one in Jan or next summer. In Lb, we need someone who are good attacking and energetic or Digne/Baines type.
In CM, we probably would sell Onana to sell to buy. And then we will need one more like No.6 to rotate.
In AM, RM and ST, we just need to someone who can score or creative.

To conclude, I would prefer to start the transfer priority as below:
ST>>>>CM1=LB>CB>AM>CM2>GK
I expect we will have to loan someone to reduce the transfer fee like Rich, Digne and Elanga are good choices. Then, we can throw much on the ST, CM and other positions.

So just the 8 new players then? is this your first transfer window here? I cant see us doing anything like that. I would be surprised if we sign more than 4 players to the first team squad.

I think the most important area is forwards, we need 2 at least.

Rico Lewis on loan from City for a year would be good. Not linked but a guy can dream

Cole Palmer is the one we should be after. He needs to be getting more game time to continue his development - and I don’t care if we’re helping to develop other teams’ players as long as they’re helping us and allowing us to spend limited money elsewhere.

@TheBigIguana @carolinablue232

Yunus Musah, 20 and quick and agile...could play CM box to box in a counter attacking or high pressing team?

Doesnt score and rarely assists + seems to easily get knocked off the ball.

Why is he highly rated?
Because he’s young, quick, and agile. He’s been used out of position with Valencia quite often as well, at least before this season. He’s actually pretty strong on the ball (not sure why you think otherwise), and is a good dribbler through the middle. Gets his teams up the field… He’ll never be a double digit goal guy, but chipping in a few more is the next iteration for development purposes. Gets in good positions but doesn’t finish them off consistently enough yet.

For a 20 year old, there’s an awful lot to like.

Because people don't rate players off YouTube videos.

?

Because he’s young, quick, and agile. He’s been used out of position with Valencia quite often as well, at least before this season. He’s actually pretty strong on the ball (not sure why you think otherwise), and is a good dribbler through the middle. Gets his teams up the field… He’ll never be a double digit goal guy, but chipping in a few more is the next iteration for development purposes. Gets in good positions but doesn’t finish them off consistently enough yet.

For a 20 year old, there’s an awful lot to like.

Yeah i think i noted that hes 20 quick and agile in my post...if Dyche sets up to counter then he could be effective.

Ive just seen 2 players i like at Valencia from time to time (Mamarsashvili + Gaya)and Musah seems to get moved off the ball quite easily and doesnt have the cutting edge.

Im just wondering if theres any more to his game hes showing for the US team or what im missing for the hype ?

Cole Palmer is the one we should be after. He needs to be getting more game time to continue his development - and I don’t care if we’re helping to develop other teams’ players as long as they’re helping us and allowing us to spend limited money elsewhere.
He wanted to leave City for first team football last window so there might be a chance with him.

Buy back clauses should be banned.
As risk transfer mechanisms? I think the buying clubs know what they're getting into on those. They get a bargain bin price on a player they cannot otherwise sign, with a cap on the upside and full participation in the downside. We let people do that sort of thing in financial markets all the time.

As risk transfer mechanisms? I think the buying clubs know what they're getting into on those. They get a bargain bin price on a player they cannot otherwise sign, with a cap on the upside and full participation in the downside. We let people do that sort of thing in financial markets all the time.
Buy back clauses are also the lesser evil compared to the alternative which is big clubs hoarding young players and shipping them out on different loans for half their careers. And I’m struggling to think of many that have been actually exercised.