Summer transfer window 2023

I think we have to be a little bit realistic about what we can do financially this summer. McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi were our most productive players under Dyche and we badly need new recruits in other positions.
I think the players we have and the way we set up it’s obvious the 3 players behind the strikers will be our most productive, if we still had Gordon or gray and Townsend had played., it would be the same

We have 2 defensive midfielders playing,
Whether it’s gana, Onana or garner. Apart from Patterson who played about 2 games, we have full back that offer nothing in Coleman and Myko and dyche played CB’s at full backs Some games.

He won 4 games 1-0, can he realistically win 8 next season. And we’d then have to win another 6 games with a handful of draw as to be comfortable and not in a relegation fight again. If them 3 start next season behind the striker, we will have the same problems.

Doucoure for his 5 goals ( 3 were tap ins) he offers very little on the ball. Iwobi can play some nice passes, but can’t cross to save his life and can’t score. McNeil has a good left foot as we’ve seen, im sure next season most teams. Will be constantly sending him inside.

Supposed that Dyche is still in charge. We will only need a squad with 24+3 players(from youth team). Thus, I will build the team as below:

GK: Pickford/Begovic/New
CB: Braithwaite/Tarko/Godfrey/New
RB: Coleman/Patterson
LB: Myko/New
CM: Gueye/Gardner/New/New
RM: Iwobi/New
LM: Gray/Mcneil
AM: Douc/New
ST: DCL/Simms or Cannon/ New

Sell or release: Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Maupay, Gbmain, Davis, Coady, Mina, Onana,Townsend, Alli, Virnage

If you look at the list of sell or release, it is quite worried that we keep some deadwoods for a ling time. If we really can release or sell them, we will have a big room to recruit the players.

We need a third choice of GK and persuade Begovic to stay a year more. In CB, if we can free out that spaces of wages, I would prefer to give contract extension around 2-3 years to Mina. I am very doubt Braithwaith is good to start at the beginning of season. If Mina doesnt stay, I would like to pay the buy-clause to keep Coady. However, I dont think Coady and Tarko can set up a good pairing. They are too slow for me…
In Rb, we just need to give a year contract extension to coleman and prepare to buy another one in Jan or next summer. In Lb, we need someone who are good attacking and energetic or Digne/Baines type.
In CM, we probably would sell Onana to sell to buy. And then we will need one more like No.6 to rotate.
In AM, RM and ST, we just need to someone who can score or creative.

To conclude, I would prefer to start the transfer priority as below:
ST>>>>CM1=LB>CB>AM>CM2>GK
I expect we will have to loan someone to reduce the transfer fee like Rich, Digne and Elanga are good choices. Then, we can throw much on the ST, CM and other positions.

Don’t really understand this. Dyche was at Burnley for a million years and never bought for pace. Just grocks.
Hopefully it's because he has realised what is needed in the modern game. I can see an early Klopp style high press system under Dyche pushing teams back and trying to run them down. It won't be the most exciting thing to watch but it will probably work.

I think the players we have and the way we set up it’s obvious the 3 players behind the strikers will be our most productive, if we still had Gordon or gray and Townsend had played., it would be the same

Whether it’s gana, Onana or garner. Apart from Patterson who played about 2 games, we have full back that offer nothing in Coleman and Myko and dyche played CB’s at full backs Some games.

He won 4 games 1-0, can he realistically win 8 next season. And we’d then have to win another 6 games with a handful of draw as to be comfortable and not in a relegation fight again. If them 3 start next season behind the striker, we will have the same problems.

Doucoure for his 5 goals ( 3 were tap ins) he offers very little on the ball. Iwobi can play some nice passes, but can’t cross to save his life and can’t score. McNeil has a good left foot as we’ve seen, im sure next season most teams. Will be constantly sending him inside.

Fredrikstad currently sit top of the league with just 8 goals scored (the least in the division) in 10 games. I know the Premier League is a different animal altogether but we don't need to win every game 3/4-0 to be effective. Obviously, it's not as entertaining that way but yeah...

Fredrikstad currently sit top of the league with just 8 goals scored (the least in the division) in 10 games. I know the Premier League is a different animal altogether but we don't need to win every game 3/4-0 to be effective. Obviously, it's not as entertaining that way but yeah...
This is what can happen when you ship less than half the goals everyone else ships. If we ship twenty goals next season, we'll probably be in the CL places. Tuchel more or less lifted the European Cup by making Chelsea that stingy.

Not really had a great season: injured early doors, came back as a sub and scored a couple; then a run in the team coincided with a barren spell and looks like he's been out of favour ever since - has played one 90' and scored one goal in 2023

I think once the manager knew he was leaving, he left him out, us and a few others were in for him in January, but he decided to stay and see out his contract

Supposed that Dyche is still in charge. We will only need a squad with 24+3 players(from youth team). Thus, I will build the team as below:

GK: Pickford/Begovic/New
CB: Braithwaite/Tarko/Godfrey/New
RB: Coleman/Patterson
LB: Myko/New
CM: Gueye/Gardner/New/New
RM: Iwobi/New
LM: Gray/Mcneil
AM: Douc/New
ST: DCL/Simms or Cannon/ New

Sell or release: Keane, Holgate, Gomes, Maupay, Gbmain, Davis, Coady, Mina, Onana,Townsend, Alli, Virnage

If you look at the list of sell or release, it is quite worried that we keep some deadwoods for a ling time. If we really can release or sell them, we will have a big room to recruit the players.

We need a third choice of GK and persuade Begovic to stay a year more. In CB, if we can free out that spaces of wages, I would prefer to give contract extension around 2-3 years to Mina. I am very doubt Braithwaith is good to start at the beginning of season. If Mina doesnt stay, I would like to pay the buy-clause to keep Coady. However, I dont think Coady and Tarko can set up a good pairing. They are too slow for me…
In Rb, we just need to give a year contract extension to coleman and prepare to buy another one in Jan or next summer. In Lb, we need someone who are good attacking and energetic or Digne/Baines type.
In CM, we probably would sell Onana to sell to buy. And then we will need one more like No.6 to rotate.
In AM, RM and ST, we just need to someone who can score or creative.

To conclude, I would prefer to start the transfer priority as below:
ST>>>>CM1=LB>CB>AM>CM2>GK
I expect we will have to loan someone to reduce the transfer fee like Rich, Digne and Elanga are good choices. Then, we can throw much on the ST, CM and other positions.
Keep Coady

Aye they’re not top players but IMO we need to prioritise other positions first. That said, if we could get someone like a Cole Palmer in on loan that would be ace

Feels like Beto has always been one of the leading names for 9, if not the leading name. But if Napoli decide they want him to replace Osimhen, than they probably get him.
Good point.
Does make me feel a bit more confident about our recruitment targets. Napoli have had an excellent record in bringing in attacking players

Southampton did this with Lavia. They’re now looking at more than doubling their money on him after one season.
I’d happily include a buy back clause as long as it returns a decent profit. There must be a few young players struggling to break into the likes of the City and Chelsea teams due to the size (and quality) of their squads who would improve us.

Mate that's not even the first tier in Norway

Southampton did this with Lavia. They’re now looking at more than doubling their money on him after one season.
I’d happily include a buy back clause as long as it returns a decent profit. There must be a few young players struggling to break into the likes of the City and Chelsea teams due to the size (and quality) of their squads who would improve us.

…looks like a Rodri clone to me. I really like Rodri.