Summer transfer window 2023

Who's going to pay money for Maupay such that we break even for profit and loss?
Certainly not Salernitana.
He will surely go out on loan, and we'll be subsidising 50% of his wages.
Thanks Thelwell.
Most likely scenario - unless of course you believe the Daily Mail, in which case a relatively small Italian club who finished 15th in a league that is hardly awash with money are going to shatter their record transfer by more than double for a striker with 1 goal in 30+ games. 🤪

Another genius bit of transfer business by the mighty blues.

Amad on loan from United please. I suspect we’ll be Everloan FC again as everyone keeps saying we have no money.

Random shouts for us to sign Americans…Tim Weah only has a year left on his deal and can play multiple positions. Yunus Musah likely moving on from Valencia. If Onana goes, he’d make sense. Won’t be cheap though.

Never seen that Beto play in a game but on the clips he looks tall, strong and fast. We need that from whoever we sign up top.

That video @Eggs has put up makes him look ideal...but from what ive seen live (not much) he didnt look very good...

I also saw Gykores only on youtube and thought he looked dreadful, slow and Tosun esque.

So its hard to tell for me on these 2 really.

Napoli bidding 25mil euros for Beto is pretty impressive though.

And these players have got us to where we’re. I’m just listening to a pod and some fans taking like doucoure is doing a better job as a number 10 than Barkley or gylfi. My word

In a Dyche team he probably is doing better really. Barkley on form blows Doucoure away....Sigurdsson wouldnt be giving the same output imo.

30m for him? God no

Why not? Genuinely...id also say no but that video made him look interesting and Napoli seem to have made an offer which is a very good sign.

Ultimately both not good enough. Both cost a lot of money and on huge wages. Have they both justified them figures? Not for me.

The problem is. We can’t go into next season with doucoure as number 10 and iwobi and McNeil out wide. Yes McNeil could get 10 goals and doucoure could get 8, maybe iwobi 3/4. So if everything goes to plan they may get 20 goals. But could quite easily get 10max. And unless our number 9 gets 30 goals we will be back in the mire.

Really iwobi or doucoure should be at number 10 or even better. None of them. And get a goal scorer on the right wing

Id like us to sign a young central playmaker to play more advanced than Garner/Onana. Xavi Simons or Rayan Cherki would be perfect.

But if we only have limited funds, like you suggested Iwobi and Doucoure can rotate in the attacking midfield role and we would be focused on CF and RW.

More cash for those 2 positions should mean more options and better players.

The only way Neal Maupay is worth £15m is if his shin pads are made from £7.5m worth of diamond encrusted gold bars.

Well, now you mention it...

🤣 some "JoUrNaLiSt" in the Daily Mail said it so it must be true.

Any chance of confirmation from the Beano?!?...

Its not 300 and youre not Gerard Butler.

Dont shoot the messenger or push them into a pit...

We forgetting we're skint and just had 2 relegation battles. Be surprised if anyone genuinely wants to come to us without holding us to ransom.

Ultimately both not good enough. Both cost a lot of money and on huge wages. Have they both justified them figures? Not for me.

The problem is. We can’t go into next season with doucoure as number 10 and iwobi and McNeil out wide. Yes McNeil could get 10 goals and doucoure could get 8, maybe iwobi 3/4. So if everything goes to plan they may get 20 goals. But could quite easily get 10max. And unless our number 9 gets 30 goals we will be back in the mire.

Really iwobi or doucoure should be at number 10 or even better. None of them. And get a goal scorer on the right wing
I think we have to be a little bit realistic about what we can do financially this summer. McNeil, Doucoure and Iwobi were our most productive players under Dyche and we badly need new recruits in other positions.

Whisper is quietly but he reminds me a bit of Schneiderlen - or am I completely wrong with that?
Hopefully we’d get the version from his 1st season with us and not the one that followed
imho more dynamic and doesn't shy away from the ball or a tackle/responsibility. This was in a relegated Schalke team but he stood out as a great performer honestly.

Centre midfield - if we sell Onana (hopefully £40+m) replace him with Philip Biling (26). He has 1 year left on contract and only on £15k per week. So Bournemouth will listen to offers rather than run risk of losing him for nothing next year (assuming there is no imminent extension to his contract) - possibly they'd accept something between £12m - £15m. I hadn't realised how good he was until Sunday's game. 7 goals from midfield this season, 10 goals last season, 8 the year before. He's 6'4".

Centre half - Tosin Aradabioyo (25) at Fulham has 1 year left on his contract and is on £40k per week. Look to pay same sort of fee between £12m - £15m. He's 6'4" so replacement for Mina. Apparently he was also clocked as the fastest centre half in the premier league this year. Unfortunately Inter Milan making noises to get him so can't compete with them but you never know.
Also sign Coady as well for the £4.5m quoted.
Sell Holgate and Keane - lucky if we get £10m for the 2 of them given their wages. Sell Branthwaite for between £8m - £10m. Mina has gone which reduces wage bill significantly.

Striker - Viktor Gyokeres (24) has 1 year left on his contract and is only on £4k per week. So look to pay same sort of fee between £12m - £15m. He's 6'2" so good height for CF. 21 goals this season and 12 assists. Sell Maupay and Simms - lucky if we get £5m for the 2 of them.

No. 10 - Iliman Ndiaye (23) has 1 year left on his contract and is only on £4k per week. Look to pay same sort of fee between £12m - £15m but could be difficult given Sheffield United's promotion. 14 goals this season and 10 assists. Senegalese - so hopefully Idrissa Gana Gueye could influence him to come

Right wing - Ismaila Sarr (25) has 1 year left on contract and on £63k per week. So look to pay fee between £12m - £15m. Ludicrously fast. 10 goals this season and 7 assists. 6'1". Senegalese - so again hopefully Idrissa Gana Gueye could convince him to join

Left back - Alex Telles (30) on loan from Man Utd? Or any other experienced left back on loan or for free. In 1 - 2 years hopefully Ishe Samuel Smith can step up - looks a great prospect. We are selling Nkounkou for £2m it appears when St Etienne exercise the option to buy.

Total cost of these new players £65m - £80m. Total income on sales £65m - £75m. Potentially with a bit of luck would be a zero net spend.

Improvement on present squad:
LB: Mykolenko has been average. He has 0 assists this year so if new LB may provides just 1 assist it's an improvement. Hopefully new LB will be better defensively as well
CB: greater pace and height from Aradabioyo compared to Coady, Keane and Holgate/less injury prone than Mina
CM: more potential for goals from Biling (though sorry to see Onana leave but we need money to buy players)
RW: more potential for goals from Sarr and terrific pace
No 10/ 2nd striker: more potential for goals and assists from Ndiaye - it would be nice to see us playing more attacking football with a number 10.
CF: more potential for goals and assists from Gyokeres - a tall back up centre forward who can hold the ball up and get us some goals/assists when DCL is injured (Maupay has 1 goal and 0 assists/ Simms has 1 goal and 0 assists this season)

In the style of Don Logan (Sexy Beast) for the bolded parts, "NO NO NO NO NO"

Billing yes and i mentioned him last summer or the one before. He's a handy player to have as rotation but no way should we sell Onana or Branthwaite especially for those tiny fees.

Sign Billing as a rotation player.

Amad on loan from United please. I suspect we’ll be Everloan FC again as everyone keeps saying we have no money.

Random shouts for us to sign Americans…Tim Weah only has a year left on his deal and can play multiple positions. Yunus Musah likely moving on from Valencia. If Onana goes, he’d make sense. Won’t be cheap though.
Yes i mentioned him yesterday i think...loan him and ideally with an option to buy if possible :)

Is Yunus Musah im confused about. He looks ideal to be a box to box midfielder in a counter attacking team due to his drive and speed. But at 20 he doesnt have the physicality and keeps getting knocked off the ball.

Also he doesnt score and rarely assist. What is he meant to be good at?

Sources: Everton to decide Conor Coady deal in next 24 hours​

Clarity over Conor Coady’s future is expected imminently with Everton required to decide whether to make his loan move permanent by the end of May, sources have told Football Insider.

The 30-year-old joined the Toffees from Wolves in August in a season-long deal featuring an option to buy believed to be in the region of £4.5m.

Sources: Everton to decide Conor Coady deal in next 24 hours​

Clarity over Conor Coady’s future is expected imminently with Everton required to decide whether to make his loan move permanent by the end of May, sources have told Football Insider.

The 30-year-old joined the Toffees from Wolves in August in a season-long deal featuring an option to buy believed to be in the region of £4.5m.
If this is true Dyche will know his budget then...him and baguette nose wouldn't make a decision unless they knew.

Have that Iwobi bashers. The man got 8 assists this season, double anyone else in the squad. Does he score enough? No. But we can’t afford to keep getting rid of the very few players we have left that contribute to goals. Same with Doucs. The amount of people I’ve seen saying flog the pair of them.

10 goal involvements is absolutely crap. Iwobi is diabolical.