Summer transfer window 2023

Sell-ons and buy-back demands are hardly likely to entice buyers to queue up to take a 22 year old who has made a dozen Prem career appearances and can't even get a look in at one of the worst, most goal-shy teams in the league.

(Mind you, I suppose if you jumble up the letters of his last name you can almost spell 'Messi'.......)

He did well at Sunderland, I'd be surprised if a Championship team didn't take him on if we were selling.

Iwobi does not score against leicester we are relegated dont forget keep him as squad player
And these players have got us to where we’re. I’m just listening to a pod and some fans taking like doucoure is doing a better job as a number 10 than Barkley or gylfi. My word

Sell DCL for whatever we can get and reinvest the cash in Icardi.

19 gols in 22 games this season on loan from PSG.

Yes his bird is a headcase but the boy has magico in his boots and is worth a risk punt.
Quality striker but his £250-300k a week wages might be a bit of a stumbling block - assuming he's even even heard of us let alone would give us the time of day. Linking with Mbappe & Messi to McNeil & Maupay is ever striker's dream though, I suppose...

Have that Iwobi bashers. The man got 8 assists this season, double anyone else in the squad. Does he score enough? No. But we can’t afford to keep getting rid of the very few players we have left that contribute to goals. Same with Doucs. The amount of people I’ve seen saying flog the pair of them.

Iwobi put a shift in this season, seems to join up play a lot - I'm not trying to damn with faint praise - I quite like him.

Have that Iwobi bashers. The man got 8 assists this season, double anyone else in the squad. Does he score enough? No. But we can’t afford to keep getting rid of the very few players we have left that contribute to goals. Same with Doucs. The amount of people I’ve seen saying flog the pair of them.
Ultimately both not good enough. Both cost a lot of money and on huge wages. Have they both justified them figures? Not for me.

The problem is. We can’t go into next season with doucoure as number 10 and iwobi and McNeil out wide. Yes McNeil could get 10 goals and doucoure could get 8, maybe iwobi 3/4. So if everything goes to plan they may get 20 goals. But could quite easily get 10max. And unless our number 9 gets 30 goals we will be back in the mire.

Really iwobi or doucoure should be at number 10 or even better. None of them. And get a goal scorer on the right wing

We'll get money for Maupay. His story is he did very well playing for a team that qualified for Europe then struggled...along with many other players...to find his feet in a team battling relegation. Give us the 15 mill.
🤣 🤣 bit early to be drunk, or high (or both) isn't it?!?...

As if we're getting £15m for an utterly useless dwarf with 1 goal all season. The only club stupid enough to pay that kind of cash for a player based on his historic record (and by 'historic record' I mean the whopping 8 goals he got the season before that and the mindblowing 8 goals the season before that) is the clownshow club he's already at.

Updated transfer rumours...

Beto from Udinese linked by Sky £30mil.

El Bilal Toure fee rumoured to be £35mil per the daily mail.

Maupay linked to Salernitana again £15mil per the Daily mail.

Shea Charles from City linked.
🤣 some "JoUrNaLiSt" in the Daily Mail said it so it must be true.

Any chance of confirmation from the Beano?!?...

Dont want Gyokeres would rather take Akpom if we are gonna take a punt on someone from the champ. Better still let Thelwell get his finger out and source someone cheap with potential from Europe.

Dont want Gyokeres would rather take Akpom if we are gonna take a punt on someone from the champ. Better still let Thelwell get his finger out and source someone cheap with potential from Europe.
If we're putting a player on a new 4 year deal the preference has to be the guy who will be 25 over the one who will be 28 when they have similar ability levels and question marks. So Gyokeres for me if we're choosing.