Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping there isn’t another thread like this for next season - the last two have practically killed me. Just took a few days to recover after the match (actually I’ve been on the ale since Sunday)

The fans did it again, unreal support Abbas noise from the entire stadium dragged that team over the line.

Hugging my lad and girl for dear life just after Doucs scored and us all getting emotional, then my lad just sobbing his heart out really hit me like a tonne of bricks - I don’t want them to feel like that at the match anymore - they are 12 and 9 ffs. He said it’s cos he missed my grandad (rip pop) but I actually think it’s just the stresses of the season catching up with him/us.

The whole game was horrendous, but the relief at the final whistle after those sickening 10+ minutes was unreal - then we were hugging strangers, old mates, any blues Even close to us - tired battered faces all filled with relief, stress, happiness, pain.

There really isn’t a club or fans like us, my thanks to every blue who was there at GP and to those all around the world willing us to win - we deserve much better.

I would love to be able to have a month or two off from Everton, I’m sure we all would, but in don’t think kenwright and Co will allow us that by leaving of their own volition, so if there is no announcement on resignations/sackings come the end this week, we need to rise up and protest again.

Sack the board; kenwright and Co, is time to go.

The weight of 7 decades unbroken top flight status affected our rivals more than us in the end I think.

We are the most successful club in the country by some distance in maintaining our elite status. 120 seasons at the top of English football.

In fact, can there be any club in Europe with that type of record?

I think Everton have played more top flight games than any club in the world.

Sky are always driving the arsenal train regarding relegation against us

Sky only recognise six clubs and think football started in 1992 (apart from the titles the sky six won before it though of course)

When was the last time before Sunday you ever hear Sky refer to Everton as the nine times champions of England?

Of every single professional football club formed in the history of English football we have won the fourth highest number of titles and played the most seasons in the top flight. Any other sport we’d be an absolute institution but football media has diluted the PL down to LFC and MUFC reality tv with 4 special guests and a load of cannon fodder.

I think Everton have played more top flight games than any club in the world.
It wouldn't surprise me.

We know English clubs - especially founding league member clubs - have an advantage in that, but 120 seasons at the top is astounding.

Take out the war years and you're left with four seasons in the second tier since 1888/89.

Enough isn't made of this.

Behind maybe only Eddie Howe and De Zerbi (Guardiola has all those resources so doesn't count) I'd say Dyche was manager of the season...and he only had 18 games.

….especially considering what he had at his disposal.

He appears to have assessed individuals, concluding the likes of Maupay, Simms, Holgate and Godfrey were not good enough. He was even astute enough to eventually discard Keane in favour of Mina & Coady.

There was one post-match interview on TV over the weekend where he said he knows exactly what this team needs, ’it’s all in here’ he said as he tapped his temple. He’s uncomplicated and I think he has a very clear view on every player he has and what he needs.

I was surprised to see a number of players in FF yesterday but I expect Dyche is meeting with every one of them over the coming days to tell many that they are not in his plans for next season. I’m hoping Thelwell is given the boot, but Dyche will have a list of requirements that needs meeting & I expect it looks like;

1) A progressive and effective central striker (El Bilal Toure links this morning are encouraging). We wouldn’t be in this position if we had one.
2) A creative goalscoring wide player who offers genuine threat.
3) A left-back. I get the impression he’s not enamoured with Mykolenko, although I am hopeful young Ishe Samuels-Smith could be the real deal.

This can't happen again. It is absolutely unacceptable that Everton Football Club have been involved in relegation battles two years in a row. I'm not expecting anything amazing next season. The target is safety without stress, I want a boring season were we're safe with five or six games to go and I honestly don't think we'd need much to do that. Get someone upfront and we'll be alright. I know we almost weren't alright in 21-22 with Richarlison but we didn't have a manager that grasped the principle of getting the basics right first and foremost then. We had a rank amateur in Lampard and an utter egomaniac that was utterly unconcerned with the wellbeing of the club in the pig. Dyche for all his faults (and he's got plenty of them) seems to grasp the basics.

This can't happen again. It is absolutely unacceptable that Everton Football Club have been involved in relegation battles two years in a row. I'm not expecting anything amazing next season. The target is safety without stress, I want a boring season were we're safe with five or six games to go and I honestly don't think we'd need much to do that. Get someone upfront and we'll be alright. I know we almost weren't alright in 21-22 with Richarlison but we didn't have a manager that grasped the principle of getting the basics right first and foremost then. We had a rank amateur in Lampard and an utter egomaniac that was utterly unconcerned with the wellbeing of the club in the pig. Dyche for all his faults (and he's got plenty of them) seems to grasp the basics.
A few teams worse than Everton next season, Luton will be lucky to get 15 points, Sheffield, Bournemouth and maybe Forest will struggle too, and Wolves (hopefully ) 😆

Status
Not open for further replies.