Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So proud of our fans.

Our fans have been criticised for being quiet and in some cases abusive to our own players. The former England goalkeeper Ben Foster even went as far as to say that away teams love playing in front of our fans because we get on our players' backs! And that criticism has been warranted at times.

But against Bournemouth we showed the world what as Bluenoses are capable of.

COYB

I keep seeing people (many of them blues) talk about how lucky we are to have stayed up. They're all wrong. Luck doesn't come into it. We earned the right to stay up. There were three worse teams than us that were mathematical inferior to us. Leicester, Leeds, and Southampton had 38 games to outperform what is arguably the worst team this club has ever had, and they failed to do so. They failed to match the grit and fight that our unbelievably poor team (a team that played without a proper forward for basically 26 games!) had. They didn't go to Brigton and get a 5-1 win late on in the season. They didn't get a late leveller against Wolves and Spurs to savage the odd point here and there that ultimately makes a difference in relegation battles. They didn't go to their relegation rivals grounds late on in the season, deny said rival a result and take a point themselves in the process. They didn't go into the last day with their fate in their own hands. They didn't play and win that last must-win game with essentially nothing upfront. We did all that and that's why we stayed up. Nowt to do with luck.

I work with some nice people

Even the ones who don't follow the football have been keeping track of it and looking out for our results

Thankfully my part of the office appears to be Kopite free

Got United fans, Newcastle fans, Stoke fans, Vale fans, Villa fans, Gooners and some Leeds fans, but none of the cult thus far

I'm avoiding the Leeds folk today, it'll be awkward

I keep seeing people (many of them blues) talk about how lucky we are to have stayed up. They're all wrong. Luck doesn't come into it. We earned the right to stay up. There were three worse teams than us that were mathematical inferior to us. Leicester, Leeds, and Southampton had 38 games to outperform what is arguably the worst team this club has ever had, and they failed to do so. They failed to match the grit and fight that our unbelievably poor team (a team that played without a proper forward for basically 26 games!) had. They didn't go to Brigton and get a 5-1 win late on in the season. They didn't get a late leveller against Wolves and Spurs to savage the odd point here and there that ultimately makes a difference in relegation battles. They didn't go to their relegation rivals grounds late on in the season, deny said rival a result and take a point themselves in the process. They didn't go into the last day with their fate in their own hands. They didn't play and win that last must-win game with essentially nothing upfront. We did all that and that's why we stayed up. Nowt to do with luck.
Spot on.

Genuinely thought we were gone this time. We have this incredible knack of avoiding the trap door right at the death, don't we? lol

If this happens again next season though I may just have to work on trying to fully disconnect myself from football somehow. The stress really ain't great for my health..
I was surprisingly calm on Sunday even after Leicester scored. I was a bit stressed obviously but just had the feeling there's no way we fail to beat Bournemouth at GP when there was so much riding on it. We were lucky to have such a poor opponent for that game.

Behind maybe only Eddie Howe and De Zerbi (Guardiola has all those resources so doesn't count) I'd say Dyche was manager of the season...and he only had 18 games, no signings, no pre season, no honeymoon period, injuries to ultra critical players, a board intent on war with its own fanbase. Howe, De Zerbi etc had none of this!
Added a few more reasons Dave :)

Status
Not open for further replies.