The rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have lower revenue than Leicester or Leeds. That is woeful, our commercial side isn’t anywhere near good enough.
Been saying that for about 12 years now and no one bats an eyelid because West Ham receive the same money from sponsorships last year or something though lol

We will need to sell to buy. So to make any meaningfull transfers we will need to sell someone for big money. Either Pickford or Onana. I'd rather keep Pickford.

We will need to sell to buy. So to make any meaningfull transfers we will need to sell someone for big money. Either Pickford or Onana. I'd rather keep Pickford.
Don't particularly wish to sell him, but Onana would generate the most money, and we do have about 8 other players who should be able to bring in a moderate chunk of cash: Keane, Holgate, Godfrey, Maupay, Simms. Gomes, Alli, Gbamin.

Onana you'd imagine would fetch £50m and those first 5 at a push a further £30m, with the latter three being loaned out again.

Branthwaite is back, Coady a bargainous £4m, leaving us £75m-ish or maybe more if we could drive up Onana's price to bring in a CB (£15m), starting ST (£25m), a winger (£20m), a squad striker (Gyokeres, £15m?) and if we're lucky a LB (£10-15m if the board can dip into its pockets to the tune of £5-10m on top of the money recouped through sales). Also the opportunity to use the loan market.

Two loan signings would leave us with a squad of 22/23 players, bigger if we include a couple of the u23s in there, which is more than enough for a squad challenging domestically only.

That's Football Manager done for me anyway, I'll check back in late July to see how badly this post failed.

I hadn't considered that.

I'd have thought the training pitches (or at least our main one) would be exactly the same surface as Goodison.

In the last month I’ve 100% read that the training pitches are very firm.

Might be bs… but our injuries are enough that I would change everything down to the gym equipment.

We never got injuries like this at Bellefield IMO

There's the Gordon fee, Moise Kean fee, whatever we can get for the current crop & the money that Moshiri throws into the transfer kity.

Heard on a podcast Nkounkou will be sold to the club he has been on loan at per a £2m option they have, and they'll immediately be selling him on again to some other French club for profit. Would be typical Everton if true.
NKounkou has a optional fee in his loan Deal. He got caught up in the Boards / Clubs bull***t about Brands and we are paying the price for it now.

He should have been kept in and round the first team squad, instead we signed Vignare on loan for more than we'll sell nKounkou for.

The only way to start rebuilding is to jettison the board. No excuses, no compromise.

The tone and ambition of the club is set by those that run the club and they are detached from reality, incompetent and outdated. We're sliding further and further behind the pack.

Sharpy has no business in a board room other than as a tea boy. DBB's CV would not have got her an interview at any other club looking for a CEO. Widow wankey is a dinosaur who has achieved nothing in all his years as chairman. Its time to go.

Our commercial performance is pathetic, our sporting performance is pathetic, our financial governance is pathetic and surely no one associated with the club can trust anything any of them says. It's not enough anymore to do some nice charity work or help out in the community.

Time for the mutual appreciation society to jog on. Then we can start to rebuild.

We have lower revenue than Leicester or Leeds. That is woeful, our commercial side isn’t anywhere near good enough.

We've better commercials than Leeds and Leicester. They have other factors making them more revenue elsewhere (league positions, competitions, fanbase)

There's a ceiling to it all unless there's a stadium, league positions, or sports washing (see Newcastle and their sudden £5mill shirt sponsor to £25mill).

Hence why would it just be West Ham and Everton outside the top 6 in terms of commercial revenue for years despite not doing anything of note.

No comment from the owner, directors etc after the bournemouth win says it all

I ain't holding my breath for anything good coming out of this. I hope I'm wrong but history says otherwise

Making Everton great again masterplan next steps:
  1. Kenwright out
  2. DBB out
  3. Sharp out
  4. New chairman in
  5. New CEO in
  6. Replacement panda brought in
  7. 2 New board members that know their onions in
  8. Maupay out
  9. Holgate out
  10. Godfrey out
  11. Davies out
  12. Keane out
  13. Iwobi out
  14. Con someone to take Delle off our hands for 25% of his wages
  15. Simms loaned out
  16. Coady signed
  17. Decision on Onana staying or going to fund transfers early in the window not 5 mins to it closing
  18. New striker signed
  19. Another striker signed/loaned
  20. If Onana goes new CM signed
  21. New right winger signed
  22. New left back signed/loaned
  23. Possibly new right back on loan given the other 2 can barely play 3 matches in a row
  24. If one of those can play centre back as well then great else loan in a CB
Easy this rebuilding club thingy.
This is thorough!

We've better commercials than Leeds and Leicester. They have other factors making them more revenue elsewhere (league positions, competitions, fanbase)

There's a ceiling to it all unless there's a stadium, league positions, or sports washing (see Newcastle and their sudden £5mill shirt sponsor to £25mill).

Hence why would it just be West Ham and Everton outside the top 6 in terms of commercial revenue for years despite not doing anything of note.
Could you imagine if a team had sponsorships by a big Asian company like Chang for about 10+ years. The official beer/brew and sponsor of Everything in and around Thailand. But didn't monetise it AT ALL.

I can't, it'd be absolutely inept.

Oh wait.

Or be in Europe for 10 years straight and be unable to have any presence or image in Europe?

Unfathomable.

OH WAIT

There can be no rebuild until the board are removed and replaced by competent professionals. The rebuild starts with the decision makers being ousted or it is absolutely pointless. I wouldn't trust them to make a correct decision on what to even have for dinner. You would need a k'in hospital after it if it was their decision.

Leeds United have had virtually the exact league positions we have had the last 3 years - we have a larger fanbase and a bigger ground..

Status
Not open for further replies.