The rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have lower revenue than Leicester or Leeds. That is woeful, our commercial side isn’t anywhere near good enough.
Don't worry Macca, we have the 'best board in the Premier League' on the case dontcha know! I'm sure Denise is working 24/7 on sponsorship deals with Blockbuster and Woolworths that will be worth countless thousands to our commercial revenues any day now...

Remove Kenwright, DBB, and Sharp from the board asap. Anything less than that(maybe a case for Kenwright and DBB) is a failure and will mean we will continue like this. Only then can you even begin to look at or care about other parts of the club.

I dont know yet whether Thelwell is any good. I dont know if ANY of the DOFs or recruiters were any good, because of Kenwrith and Moshiris meddling. But once thats done, then you find a way to sell DCL, Keane, Maupay and Holgate, and you bring in a CF, Winger, CB, and 2 fullbacks and go for a season of blissful mediocracy. You cannot let the current board pick any of the players anymore or have any say, or the cycle continues.
True about Thelwell , loads of rumours of people interfering
wanting to take control of dealing with the other clubs and not letting
The DOF get on with it.

Build around the central midfield and McNeil. Get a LB that can link up with him and get down the line. As for a striker get one that can operate in tight spaces and play on the ball. That will be useful if we want to continue pressuring opponents the way we do with that midfield 3.

Our board rate themselves as the best in the business though
How is this possible?
Were they perhaps...*looks left then right hurriedly and whispers* Lying? 😲
It is certainly a possibility lol
I suspect that Bill K won’t be getting many other clubs asking him for advice because they think Everton are such a well run club.

I would like to see a new stadium, I think Goodison is past is time
The old lady is past her best, no doubt about that.
But without the noise that only Goodison can make, and the unique atmosphere that can make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up…would we have survived?

Making Everton great again masterplan next steps:
  1. Kenwright out
  2. DBB out
  3. Sharp out
  4. New chairman in
  5. New CEO in
  6. Replacement panda brought in
  7. 2 New board members that know their onions in
  8. Maupay out
  9. Holgate out
  10. Godfrey out
  11. Davies out
  12. Keane out
  13. Iwobi out
  14. Con someone to take Delle off our hands for 25% of his wages
  15. Simms loaned out
  16. Coady signed
  17. Decision on Onana staying or going to fund transfers early in the window not 5 mins to it closing
  18. New striker signed
  19. Another striker signed/loaned
  20. If Onana goes new CM signed
  21. New right winger signed
  22. New left back signed/loaned
  23. Possibly new right back on loan given the other 2 can barely play 3 matches in a row
  24. If one of those can play centre back as well then great else loan in a CB
Easy this rebuilding club thingy.

The way I see it is

GK
Pickford, Begovic, Crelin
DR
Patterson, Coleman
DC
Tarks, Coady, Godfrey, Branthwaite
DL
?? and Mykolenko

DCM
Gueye + ??
CM
Garner, Onana, Iwobi, Doucoure

Wingers
Gray,McNeill,??

Strickers
DCL, Cannon, Simms + ??

That leaves Holegate, Keane, Mina, Townsend,Maupay,Davies,Vinagre,Lonergan, Gomes,Nkounkou, Ali, Gbamin all moved on.
I would like to see Simms, Welch, Mills, McAllister,Okoronkowo, and Koukate to be found decent loan clubs.

It is going to be a long process to rebuild but we need to get back to basics and build from the buttom up.
Shouldn't Mills be moved up the the first team squad, and possibly Nkounkou considering the seasons they've had?

Making Everton great again masterplan next steps:
  1. Kenwright out
  2. DBB out
  3. Sharp out
  4. New chairman in
  5. New CEO in
  6. Replacement panda brought in
  7. 2 New board members that know their onions in
  8. Maupay out
  9. Holgate out
  10. Godfrey out
  11. Davies out
  12. Keane out
  13. Iwobi out
  14. Con someone to take Delle off our hands for 25% of his wages
  15. Simms loaned out
  16. Coady signed
  17. Decision on Onana staying or going to fund transfers early in the window not 5 mins to it closing
  18. New striker signed
  19. Another striker signed/loaned
  20. If Onana goes new CM signed
  21. New right winger signed
  22. New left back signed/loaned
  23. Possibly new right back on loan given the other 2 can barely play 3 matches in a row
  24. If one of those can play centre back as well then great else loan in a CB
Easy this rebuilding club thingy.
Pretty much right on the money mate.
I have a feeling that Dyche will be able to make a real player out of Godfrey given time though.

Realistically I'd be building around Pickford, Patterson, Tarkowski, Branthwaite, Garner, Doucoure, McNeil.

Id retain Cannon and Mills too as well as Simms. Warrington too.

The rest id be open to offers for.

We need to add players who are reliable physically to play 40 odd games.

Id ensure Garner is absolutely central to the re build. He reminds me of Eriksen. Technically superb.

Id make Tarkowski captain.

Id retain Dyche.

The above is all assuming the board have gone otherwise it's a moot conversation.

'What Would Everton Do'

It's gonna be like a real life ted lasso, but boardroom oriented instead. Any sales or signings, who are they being pictured with besides Dyche?
The headlock attack claim still hasn't been addressed, let alone apologised for, these chancers are on borrowed time and are hoping we all forget.

No chance boyo's!

Shouldn't Mills be moved up the the first team squad, and possibly Nkounkou considering the seasons they've had?
Heard on a podcast Nkounkou will be sold to the club he has been on loan at per a £2m option they have, and they'll immediately be selling him on again to some other French club for profit. Would be typical Everton if true.

First thing is hang onto Dyche. We have to stop thinking the grass is greener manager-wise. He has kept us up, got us fighting, and with a proper striker, a left back and a creative midfielder, we could actually see some exciting football. But what we need more than anything is a season or two of mid-table mediocracy. Let things settle, break the cycle of cliff-hanging on the edge of the drop and lose the reputation of ‘struggling team’.

There are huge decisions to made. Decisions about the board. Decisions about which players stay and which players go.

Huge decisions about the what future direction the club needs to take to make sure this season is never repeated.

The biggest problem is Moshiri. I just don’t think he’s qualified to make those decisions on his own. His track record is not the best. He needs some guidance, and I just don’t know where it will come from.

There are huge decisions to made. Decisions about the board. Decisions about which players stay and which players go.

Huge decisions about the what future direction the club needs to take to make sure this season is never repeated.

The biggest problem is Moshiri. I just don’t think he’s qualified to make those decisions on his own. His track record is not the best. He needs some guidance, and I just don’t know where it will come from.
Your last paragraph is 100% the crux of the issue.

For all the ‘sack the board’ rhetoric, the board aren’t the problem. The owner that oversees that board is the problem: if he’s allowed this one to be constructed and to fester, why should he be any better at formulating a new one?

If the investors bring with them significant board-level presence, then perhaps that offers us the best chance of change on the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.