2022/23 Amadou Onana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would depend what offers we got for him and if there was more than one club interested.

I'd prefer him to stay but a decent cash offer would be very difficult to refuse under the circumstances. A new board, if that was the case, wouldn't be turning it down, I'm sure of it. Not that the current one would either, they've flogged everything they can.

He needs to do a lot more for me next season if he stays. There is quite a fanfare about him, and you have to make allowances for his age, his first season in the PL, and playing in an awful team that is constantly in crisis.

That said though, he would have had his time to adapt and he needs to step up considerably and show exactly why there is this hype about him. We can't afford to wait weeks let alone years for an impact.

But like i said we've bought for the now and it hasnt paid off many times. Someone mentioned fellaini earlier. I recall his first season and i can still remember writing on bluekipper after about a dozen games if we kept the receipt. He was awful.
Im still hopeful with him as you can see he has something.
Fair enough if we were in a safe position in the league, the present is what counts, if we go down now it will be a long time before we get back to the premier league. Being honest as a supporter of Onana do you expect or even think the lad will be any different on Sunday to the way he has performed for most of the time he has been here?

Fair enough if we were in a safe position in the league, the present is what counts, if we go down now it will be a long time before we get back to the premier league. Being honest as a supporter of Onana do you expect or even think the lad will be any different on Sunday to the way he has performed for most of the time he has been here?

I wouldnt class myself as a supporter of him. The initial response i had was to him dominating midfields in the premier league. Its his first real season anywhere and he's playing in a crap Everton team. Rather ambitious to expect him to control the midfield. Watched him come on for belgium in the world cup and he looked good. Albeit belgium were awful and it didnt take much to look good.
Just willing to give him that bedding in season.

I wouldnt class myself as a supporter of him. The initial response i had was to him dominating midfields in the premier league. Its his first real season anywhere and he's playing in a crap Everton team. Rather ambitious to expect him to control the midfield. Watched him come on for belgium in the world cup and he looked good. Albeit belgium were awful and it didnt take much to look good.
Just willing to give him that bedding in season.
The unfortunate thing is we aren’t in a position for bedding in periods we need players to have an impact every week I don’t mean score wonder goals or assist every week we need players we can count on and he’s been missing in far too many games ideally we would of had more first team players ahead of him and he’d of come on and played an developed rather than being relied on every week, same with Patterson could of eased him in gave him a few games here and there not expect him to be our first choice RB from the start of the season. No striker another position that’s cost us all season add to that other poor players and all these things accumulate to the position we find ourselves in

Who could we have sold Onana to for a FORTUNE in January?
Notice I am replying to you with words not a simple sarcastic smile, be a man and reply like one.
It was widely reported who the clubs were.

Its just laughable that hes got comparable stats with some of the leagues best...top clubs are linked to him...he's highly rated by diverse managers like Martinez and Allardyce...

...yet some 'wise' people want to slate the 21 year old down.

If he'd joined West Ham there would be the same posters complaining that we didnt sign him.

He, Garner and Branthwaite are the future of the teams spine.

Where have I suggested that I'd rather we sign gash players. Grow up Zat.

I have clearly stated that in our position we need ready made players for an outlay of £35 million. It means a decent player who can make a meaningful contribution straight away to the team. The fact that previous DoF's have squamdered similar amounts previously bears no relationship to my staement.

Players like Trossard , Mitoma , Bowen , Gyckores , and I'm sure that there are many others outside the English pyramid fall into that category.

BTW I am in favour of bringinging in young players to develop but when our financial position is so bad and the team so weak we can't afford the money and time to have Kean and Onana as our highest transfer fees
I thought i clarified the point by saying the club very rarely pick up ready made quality at low fees.

Youve underlined that a bit by mentioning players Brighton have picked up in comparison. Even West Ham are hit and miss though. Everton pretty much always fail with 'oven ready' signings....cant risk that really if we stay up as it would be 2 seasons in a row close to relegation.

For me, theres only 2 ways the club can compete:

1: Sign multiple young players under 18 and develop them (DCL/Branthwaite etc). Where results could take 3-5 seasons. Focus on that and loans.

2: Sign 2 or 3 u21 players a season for (relatively) high fees but who are further down the pathway. The likes of Onana (just before he became a global name) and Garner/Patterson who were stuck as backup players at big clubs.

If we sold Onana it would have to mean 2 high potential top young players replace him.

Id say it makes alot more sense to use whatever funds we have (and can generate) to only focus on 2 starting positions. Centre forward and either right wing or attacking midfield.

Go for those backup u21s at big clubs or those about to make a name for themselves.

Its just laughable that hes got comparable stats with some of the leagues best...top clubs are linked to him...he's highly rated by diverse managers like Martinez and Allardyce...

If he'd joined West Ham there would be the same posters complaining that we didnt sign him.

I thought i clarified the point by saying the club very rarely pick up ready made quality at low fees.

Youve underlined that a bit by mentioning players Brighton have picked up in comparison. Even West Ham are hit and miss though. Everton pretty much always fail with 'oven ready' signings....cant risk that really if we stay up as it would be 2 seasons in a row close to relegation.

1: Sign multiple young players under 18 and develop them (DCL/Branthwaite etc). Where results could take 3-5 seasons. Focus on that and loans.

2: Sign 2 or 3 u21 players a season for (relatively) high fees but who are further down the pathway. The likes of Onana (just before he became a global name) and Garner/Patterson who were stuck as backup players at big clubs.

If we sold Onana it would have to mean 2 high potential top young players replace him.

Id say it makes alot more sense to use whatever funds we have (and can generate) to only focus on 2 starting positions. Centre forward and either right wing or attacking midfield.

Go for those backup u21s at big clubs or those about to make a name for themselves.

You are using the same old tired arguments of stats, they prove nothing, I’ve told you use your eyes they will tell you more.
It was widely reported who the clubs were, well who were they?

You are using the same old tired arguments of stats, they prove nothing, I’ve told you use your eyes they will tell you more.
It was widely reported who the clubs were, well who were they?

In Jan, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I suggest you may want to use your own eyes as theyre clearly telling you something different to multiple managers and scouts.

In Jan, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I suggest you may want to use your own eyes as theyre clearly telling you something different to multiple managers and scouts.
You like him fair enough, my eyes tell me at the moment he is a very poor player, as for the multiple managers and scouts you say like him I think you are going in the realms of fantasy along with believing paper talk of Arsenal and Chelsea wanting him.

Rice and Caicedo will be the ones in demand from Arsenal and Chelsea. Onana will be way down the list for them. There is nothing guaranteed about him at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.