Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been (rightly) called out for being negative. Think it’s a combination of me always fearing the worst plus trying to accept psychologically that we’re doomed.

but…. and I hate the hope..

\Bournemouth have beaten Leeds Southampton spurs and Leicester in last 8. Well beaten in the rest. They’re basket cases. Our form is better than all them even if DCL and full backs a big loss.

Leeds have won twice since March. Leicester once since mid feb. all Points to neither winning and us staying up.
But then we did beat Brighton 1-5!!

I just want it to be over. 2 full seasons of not being safe til last game or two. cant take a third……

I can't speak for Everton, but my gut tells me that:
  • Leicester loses: West Ham is finally free from all of this year's fixture congestion (deep European run + world cup + mourning/coronation rescheduling) but still has motivation to stay focused for the rest of their season. This will be West Ham's 56th game of the year over far fewer weeks than a traditional season.
  • Leeds wins: Tottenham is playing awful and that won't change

I actually thought West Ham would lose to Leeds this past weekend, coming 3 days off a very emotional European win. Sunday will be a tune up for them, but Leicester is completely beaten down and their strategy from the Newcastle game won't fly when they need a win.
Don’t think Leeds are winning by 3 though do a draw could be enough

Given the gravity of the situation, you do wonder how the crowd would react to a mistake, a slip, an own goal, a clumsy tackle, an under hit pass from one of our own players, especially the later in the game it gets.

You also then wonder how our lions can handle that sort of pressure.
It's a very good point that you make.

All that we as fans can do is be as supportive as can be.

Our players might not be good enough but they are giving their absolute all.

So must we.

it’s strange that we are all playing at home for the last game. Saying that as an away side no disrespect but I would rather go to the king power than Elland road and Goodison park. The fans still have a massive part to play in this I feel and I hope a bear pit Goodison drags us over the line.
It will.

This is the Grand Old Lady's most important match to date and she has a huge part to play.

Goodison needs to be an absolute bear pit for 95 mins regardless of the scores across different games at any point. We simply can’t have the atmosphere that was there in the Fulham game.
It doesn’t matter if some fans think we ‘should’ be beating Bournemouth at home, or want to show discontent towards the players or board for an awful season, we quite simply have to make sure the best atmosphere seen at Goodison in a long time is there on Sunday, then the players have to do their part.
This.

….booked this for two weeks from Sunday;

IMG_5646.jpeg

The problem is we field the Keystone Cops in our side. The likes of Doucoure, Keane, Iwobi, Holgate, Gueye, and Onana are only mad to blunder, obliviously, into the most stupid or incompetent thing to do. There is no criticising them for lack of effort. We have fought to the end in many matches this season - Chelsea, Spurs, Wolves - but we're a Ben Godfrey backpass away from the Championship at all times on Sunday.
Very true. The lads are full of effort but devoid of talent.

I can't fault them for that, but it's frustrating.

If you talk about momentum, the way we’ve managed to pick up last minute points against Wolves, Chelsea, Spurs has been so demoralising for the other clubs in this relegation fight.

Dyche has got a group of players who looked spineless over the last couple of years to never give up and always stay in games and fight to the last.

Even in the Brighton game, we didn’t sit back at 4-1 up, we went forward for more and McNeil had the guts to salute the home fans after smashing in our fifth. Compare that to Allardyce laying into his team or Maddison giving interviews where he looked like he was about to cry. Our resilience has put us here and should be enough to keep us in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.