Relegation 2022/23

Are Everton going to stay in the Premier League?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us were thinking 4 points from these last 2 games were the likeliest outcome. We have one of the 4.

Sorry for long post all, but needed to get this written down to 'help' process the situation.

It feels more nervy now because:

- Forest are now safe and have beaten Arsenal meaning anyone below could pull out a result. Forest have been in great form though, Leicester and Leeds aren't though...

- West Ham are safe after beating Man Utd the other week which we didn't anticipate, are in a European final and are integral to us surviving. The worry is players may not want to risk injury, but equally may all be playing for a place....

- We have played first so the other teams know what they have to do and if all goes wrong we could be going into the last game second bottom. That would mean that both Leeds and Leicester have won. The chances of them both winning both last games are low (not impossible though), so winning against Bournemouth could be enough...

- Newcastle are deffo in Champions League and have nothing more to play for, but we need them to win against Leicester. But they will surely want to finish the season with a win at home after the season they have had?

Lastly (and most worrying probably) DCL is likely out and we have no fit full backs against a counter attacking team (Bournemouth). We are also better on the counter, but will have to go for it at home.

However, WE are there, WE are the 12th man and WE (well a fair few of us) have done this twice before in 94 and 98 where we went into the last game in the bottom 3 and our fate out of are hands. WE know what it takes, the players will too and whether Tuesday morning our fate is in or out of our hands, WE will do our bit next weekend and that is all WE can ever do...

WE GOT this.
They’re pretty much in the CL now, unles they have a catastrophic last two matches. If they lose both heavily, and the RS win the points would be the same but the RS’s goal difference is 7 less at present, so really the Geordies need a point to be absolutely certain which I’d expect them to get tomorrow.

It’s the injuries mate. Dyche has us playing well when he have most of our good players available and it’s been that way since his first game but with no full backs and no striker it was hard work to watch yesterday. All our worst performances under Dyche have been when we’ve had the most injuries/Doucoure suspended.

I’ll be delighted if West Ham get a result today and it’s still in our hands next Sunday but I’m not confident we can beat Bournemouth with another mismatched line up.
Yeah, I wonder how we’ve been effected compared to other clubs in this regard. It seems that we’ve been hammered with them, but I think only because our squad is poor in terms of depth. Just wondering how many days we have lost this season through injuries to players we would consider to be a first teamer. I think fans of most clubs bemoan the injuries but we seem to have had a lot.

let’s just hope todays result is anything but a Leeds win.
A Leeds Lost or draw could make a big difference for us - IE we could even stay up with a draw if Leeds lost today/but won next week (Provided The Foxes lose at The Toon Monday night), but either way like you say we need them not to win, i thought the Leeds game would be a draw before the weekend,

They’re pretty much in the CL now, unles they have a catastrophic last two matches. If they lose both heavily, and the RS win the points would be the same but the RS’s goal difference is 7 less at present, so really the Geordies need a point to be absolutely certain which I’d expect them to get tomorrow.
Yes, they do need a point. People looking at the GD with Liverpool are forgetting that if Newcastle go on the piss and lose to Leicester, Liverpool will have cut the GD before they play...Southampton on the last day. Now, don't get me wrong a big ask. But if Newcastle lose their last two by a single goal, a 5-0 win for Liverpool over crap rubbish relegated Southampton is not beyond the realms.

They need a result against Leicester. That should reassure us slightly.

For today at 3.15pm.... :(

Untitled-2.jpg

Hopefully last night result was not a does of realities coming over today and tomorrow.. Having my first wobble on the optimism. My bed sheets are on the line drying.

Last edited:
We scored in the 98th minute with a goal fashioned by 3 defenders - i'd count that very lucky
Missing 5 decent chances in the first 20 minutes, getting 2 of your most important players injured who will probably miss the final extremely important game and a relegation rival beating one of the best teams in the league making it now 2 teams out 3 going down isn't very lucky though is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.